Summer Lifeguards for 2018
Under general supervision, Lifeguards protect the health, safety and welfare of patrons of the JCC aquatic facility while exceeding customer service expectations.
About the Jewish Community Center (JCC):
The JCC Aquatics Department is undergoing an exciting renovation. The summer of 2018 our current, 50 meter, outdoor pool will be replaced with three new outdoor pool areas that include:
- A six lanes, 25 meter, lap pool and diving board
- A lazy river for floating, playing, and water walking
- A family friendly pool with zero depth entry
- Kid friendly water features including an aqua zip line, climbing wall, large water slide, and splash pad with water sprayers and play structure.
Lots of exciting things are happening at the JCC.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard, First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- American Red Cross Shallow Water and Water Pak certification (preferred but not required). Ability to obtain this certification by the start of employment.
- Must be at least 15 years of age or older with a minimum of 6 months of lifeguarding experience.
- Available to work weekends/holidays**
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation by the aquatics department
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
To ensure the safety of all patrons present by enforcing facility regulations, monitoring activity, and rendering emergency care in the event that a patron suffers from an incident. All duties listed are subject to change and are as follows but not limited to:
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
We are accepting applications for both Part-time/Seasonal Lifeguards and Substitute Lifeguards. Part-time/Seasonal positions require approximately 20-30 hours per week; Monday through Sunday (including weekends, evenings and holidays).
Candidates must be available to work five – six hour shifts with the possibility of extension for special events. Substitute Lifeguard positions require approximately 5-10 hours per week as needed. The Aquatics Center will be open from Memorial Day – Labor Day or shortly thereafter. Lifeguard duties may extend 1-2 weeks prior to opening.
Please send us your resume and come be a part of JCC Aquatics staff.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour