Trilliant Food and Nutrition, headquartered in Little Chute, Wisconsin, has been a pioneer in the U.S. specialty coffee market since 1979. We have used our years of experience and skill in the traditional coffee segment to produce one thing: great coffee. We continually strive to be the best in coffee selection, precision roasting and brewing. Today, Trilliant Food and Nutrition offers three distinctive brands — Victor Allen’s Coffee™, Rio Grande Roasters™ and Indulgio™ as well as private label, customizable products for our customers. In order to keep up with consumer demand, Trilliant Food and Nutrition has continued to make advances and improvements, and has expanded into numerous distribution channels and regions throughout the country including retailers, foodservice distributors and coffee houses. As we bring innovative products and solutions to our customers, Trilliant Food and Nutrition operation and product portfolio are rapidly expanding. We are looking for strong contributors with related experience to join our growing team. Learn more about our growing company at www.trilliantfood.com.
The Production Leader is responsible employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. Leadership of people includes participating in employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action. Leading by example for others by creating and maintaining a workplace culture that engages and motives employee’s at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
Bachelor’s degree in an operations, engineering, business, management or related area of study.
3+ years of managerial experience including hiring, employee development, performance coaching, and day-to-day supervision of multiple lines in a production environment.
5+ years plant manufacturing experience in a food industry or related manufacturing facility.
Demonstrated leadership and team development skills. Can build a positive and productive team environment.
Experience with lean manufacturing or similar continuous process improvement training is preferred. Strong orientation for continuous improvement.
Experienced in the implementation, training and administration of SOP, OSHA, GMP, SQF, HACCP or other quality, food and human safety programs.
Strong troubleshooting and judgment skills.
Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office tools, Excel, and EPR systems.
Knowledge of food packaging principles, food industry quality and food safety requirements, ingredient performance and interactions with equipment, sanitation procedures, statistical process control, critical control points, and new product scale-up dynamics.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively manage projects and manage change.
Strong attention to detail.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate well cross-functionally and work well at all levels of the organization.
Good team player able to work well with others and contribute to a positive work environment.
Resourceful, proactive, high energy, results driven.
Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
Hours and Compensation:
We offer a competitive base pay rate and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees.
Position available on 2nd shift
Trilliant Food and Nutrition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Engagement & Involvement
- Has ownership of communication within production area and across functions.
- Operates as contact and reliable resource for employee and team needs. This includes timely and meaningful follow-up to all questions, concerns & ideas, and being very visible and approachable in the eyes of the employees.
- Involves and engages employees through regular team meetings, process improvement discussions, follow-up on suggestions, and regular communication.
- Models a positive, resilient and results-oriented approach.
- Makes sure employees know their opinions count.
- Ensures clear expectations.
- Responsible for effective formal and informal employee coaching, performance management and development.
- Provides recognition and praise to encourage positive work behaviors and focus.
- Utilizes performance metrics to improve efficiency.
- Continually assesses team effectiveness needs and seeks resources to assist in team development.
Process & Resource Management
- Responsible for area-specific production process management and improvement activities including identification and communication of opportunity areas, meeting daily production goals, and identification and execution of planned improvements.
- Participates in the production and people scheduling process and makes adjustments as needed.
- Provides regular communication and follow up with maintenance on work order status.
- Delivers against daily production goals and line standards.
- Works with employees to effectively manage downtime.
- Accountable for housekeeping, sanitation and food safety practices.
- Manages resources effectively to ensure maximum up time, quality and maximum productivity.
- Assists in the hiring process for new production employees.
- Follows through on issues to resolution or establishes an agreed-upon hand-off.
Human and Food Safety
- Operates as leader and champion of safety and as a model of safe work behaviors.
- Responsible for Safety Incident documentation and investigation.
- Accountable for reducing safety risks in area through proactively identifying risks (behavior and facility issues) and ensuring quick resolution.
- Ensures use of proper procedures and team’s attendance at required training.
- Maintains a product quality level which meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensures compliance with all quality, sanitation and food safety processes and policies.
- Responsible for following food safety/regulatory policies and procedures, executing responsibilities as identified in standard operating procedures, and reporting food safety/regulatory concerns to the Production or Quality Manager.
- Ensures proper training, coaching and feedback to new employees.
- Assesses, identifies, and addresses training opportunities, including job skills training, goal setting; facilitates effective team meetings, and rewards and recognizes the team’s progress.
- Ensures appropriate level and depth of cross training in each area through optimal use of all training tools and experience available.