We are currently seeking an experienced Insurance Billing & Collections Coordinator for our central business office (CBO) located at I-35 & Mockingbird in Dallas.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Process insurance denials received by phone dispute, written appeal, or corrected claim
· Review payer rules to understand reason for denial
· Compose correspondence to payer regarding payment disputes and/or appeals
· Interpret progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries and charge documents to determine services provided
· Communicate with patients to verify correct demographics and coordination of benefits on denied claims; Refile claims as needed
· Refer complex issues to the supervisor for review and or action
· Provide quality service to patients
· Perform other duties as assigned
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: 2-4 years of prior insurance experience is preferred. Prior appeals experience electronically and ability to obtain claim status needed.
Please Note: All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of pre-employment criminal history check.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL FOR CONSIDERATION.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Type: Full-time