The primary responsibility of this position: Originate residential mortgage loans through a variety of means such as developing relationships with realtors, home builders, current customers, bank staff etc. Assume overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan from application to closing.
- One or more years of mortgage loan origination experience.
- NMLS registration under the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008, or ability to obtain.
- Knowledge of mortgage procedures, documentation, and processes.
- Strong desire to excel in a competitive environment.
- Proven networking skills to generate new sales leads and form relationships.
- Strong computer skills and experience utilizing current technology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, manage and perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate orally and visually and be able to hear.
- Excellent and effective verbal and written presentation and communication skills.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Originate all types of loans offered by First Federal of Lorain.
- Interview loan applicants to obtain and accurately compile information to process the application through its closing.
- Develop new customer prospects and new loan business for First Federal by attending and participating in, but not limited to, industry related meetings, seminars, community events and home and trade shows.
- Assume a leadership role in industry related organizations.
- Correspond with applicants, Realtors and creditors to resolve questions, regarding application information, on a timely basis.
- Provide consistent follow-up on applicants' files.
- Handle inquires from applicants and branch personnel. Resolve customer complaints.
- Cross-sell other financial bank products and services to applicants.
- Conduct public speaking engagements and assist the Marketing Department in promoting First Federal loan products.
- Work with Loan Processing and Servicing Departments to ensure prompt, accurate and dependable customer service.
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting and general departmental guidelines.
- Attend and participate in all Lending meetings as required by management.
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexible schedule. Must be willing to accommodate evening and weekend appointments.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Mortgage: 1 year (Preferred)