Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Req ID#: 12645BR
This role is responsible for the Product Management of Hostopia/Deluxe Small Business Services strategic product initiatives. The primary objective of the role is to drive profitable growth of the assigned core product portfolio, and assumes responsibility for product, financial, operational metrics, as well as strategic, growth oriented goals.
The role has product portfolio responsibility for Hostopia Platform portfolio including Control Panel, API, Billing system and integration services. The Product Manager works closely with all departments within Hostopia/Deluxe including – product marketing and development, project management, technology, partner marketing, technical support and national sales and services management.
- Responsible as the product owner for their core portfolio, ensuring that growth is maximized, that it performs operationally, and are managed profitably.
- Creates and delivers product road maps, channel plans and online strategies to all teams
- Responsible to conduct analysis of existing products, services, and processes, to determine recommendations for enhancements, and future strategic direction. Responsible to support market analysis on competitor products, features, and capabilities to ensure we are remaining competitive.
- Refining and prioritizing the product backlog for a variety of products, including non-functional requirements, on a regular basis in collaboration with the team such that it mitigates operational / technical / financial risk, accelerates team learning, achieves expected outcomes and optimizes the value of the work performed
- Develops business cases, assess stage gate progress, launch products successfully (on budget, on time, delivering quality) and monitors revenue and profitability performance against the business cases.
- Define key measurements of product line performance and success criteria
- Create short and long term product development requirements and road maps to guide core teams
Conduct research, analyze and evaluate markets and technologies providing results and recommendations. Then develop product requirements and execute on delivering the desired business outcomes.
- Provides high profile industry thought leadership both internally and externally through papers, presentations, seminars, training.
- Collaborate internally with Marketing and Sales:
- Define and size market segments, and distribution strategy
- Determine product positioning for all markets and all buyer types
- Document the typical buying process
- Develop comprehensive go-to-market plans
- Develop and achieve product revenue and profitability objectives
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company, including responsibility for other products as needed.
- Bachelors (or equivalent experience) - Finance, Marketing, Business, IT
- Marketing, Business Management, MBA - 2+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience managing products and services
- Strong business acumen, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of product development and product integration across many different systems, working within waterfall and agile environments
- Experience and knowledge of SaaS models, and the Cloud Hosting market.
- Experience and technical knowledge of how the internet works, APIs, and billing systems
- Experience with professional services as a way to customize existing products a definite plus
- Knowledge of project management methodology
- Proven track record for driving new product capabilities from internal concept to successful release planning, delivery and market adoption
- Knowledge of sales, marketing and product management processes
- A keen interest in product design, development, integration and the value that products deliver to the end customer to ensure long-term success and customer lifetime value
- Product management experience in both retail and wholesale models a plus
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion
- Technical understanding of product and customer requirements.
- Operates within the context of approved methods. Anticipates and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts