Vanderbilt Chemicals LLC, a Western KY employer, is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent. The qualifying candidate will direct and coordinate the execution of all mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and calibration activities to minimize downtime while maintaining and accomplishing plant improvement. The position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to prioritize activities and coordinate with various departments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years technical school
- Experience and knowledge of chemical processing equipment and instrumentation
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct, and coordinate maintenance technician teams in the accomplishment of maintenance work requests, including preventive maintenance work
- Establish priorities and schedule emergent equipment failure repairs
- Reschedule and continue with planned equipment overhaul/repair work
- Verify repair parts and maintenance supplies ordered
- Support the individual and plant-wide production outages and plant utility shutdown work request plans
- Develop technician’s schedules for outages
- Plan work requests, requisition parts and coordinate contractor services as needed for outage work
- Help coordinate and plan outages with production supervisors
- Provide technical and management support (maintenance) to respond to plant emergency needs during off hours, weekends, and holidays
- Monitor maintenance technician recall list
- Communicate maintenance support with production supervisors
- Provide technical training to maintenance technicians.
- Keep up to date maintenance technician training and training records
- Provide technical support to maintenance technicians as needed
- Work to continually develop and maintain maintenance technician continued training program
- Work with production supervisors to coordinate and plan work orders for upcoming week(s)
- Support maintenance planning meeting and work to maintain scheduled maintenance work
- Provide technical planning support to maintenance technicians and maintenance material coordinator on new work request and work orders
- Identify plan on new work orders and work request. Document plan in SAP before scheduling work as needed.
- Support the ISO, GMP, ISA, OSHA, and EPA quality programs involving the Maintenance Department
- Maintain flow of work orders from work request, work order creation, work completion and work order filing as required.
- Maintain up to date records in SAP
- Be able to navigate and update SAP maintenance records as required
- Purchase repair parts, replacement equipment, & general equipment/tools as needed
- In the absence of the Maintenance and Engineering Manager, help in making decisions requiring immediate action
R.T. Vanderbilt offers a competitive compensation package including: health insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and holidays.
Post offer drug screen and background check are required.
Job Type: Full-time
- chemical processing equipment and instrumentation: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Do you have any management experience?
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply