Auto req ID: 155894BR
Would You Like to Play a Key Role in an Engineering Department for the World’s 2nd Largest Food and Beverages Company? We are on the lookout for an Engineering Intern to join our team in Carrigaline in 2019
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world
Our placements offer students the opportunity to experience the fast-moving environment of our Capital Projects Engineering Team, where you will be directly involved in the implementation of engineering projects relating to productivity, quality, EHS, sustainability, capability and capacity initiatives. You’ll be given real-life objectives to work on and will be expected to make a noticeable contribution to the team. You will have opportunities to work on cross functional project teams partnering with Operations, EH&S, Quality & Maintenance. You will gain experience of full project life cycle from concept development to installation to commissioning and handover and contribute to projects across Process, Utilities, Filling Equipment etc.
Key Responsibilities will include some of the following:
- Support the development and deployment of both productivity and capital investment programs/projects
- You’ll be given real-life objectives to work on and will be expected to make a noticeable contribution to your team
- Participate/lead (as requested) in continuous improvement projects (e.g. CIP, True Efficiency, etc.)
- Exposure to full project life cycle from concept development to installation to commissioning & handover
- Contribute to projects across Process Manufacturing, Liquids Filling, Utilities, etc.
- Exposure to PepsiCo global engineering standards
- Opportunity to work on cross functional project teams partnering with Operations, EH&S, Quality, etc.
- Applicants must be part of a university work placement programme for a minimum duration of 6 months.
- Undergraduate student, following a path to a degree level qualification in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
For more information about Pepsi Jobs go to:
- High degree of initiative and drive to deliver results with the ability to be pro-active and multi-task.
- Creative and can think of new and innovative ways to develop systems and make existing things work more efficiently
- Sharp problem - solving skills and knowledge of standard tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to communicate across a diverse audience
- Passion for engineering and innate interest in current technologies
- High degree of self-motivation combined with good organisational skills
- Supportive team player with an accurate, methodical and reliable approach
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office suite plus AutoCAD
All applications must be submitted online, please use the above link and search by Job req no - 155894BR
Closing date for applications is on the 19 th September 2018.