Full Job Description
Under direct supervision, receives on the job training for a period for six to twelve months to develop the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to manage a public assistance caseload such as Aid to Families with Dependent Children including earned income cases, Medical Assistance No Grant (MANG) including spend down cases, Aid to the Aged, Blind, and Disabled (AABD), Group Care, Food Stamps or other cases; learns to explain work incentive programs and to encourage client participation; learns to assist clients in resolving problems that interfere with work or educational opportunities.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF WORK:
Under direct supervision, participates in an agency sponsored training program of varying duration, based upon the targeted title, receiving work assignments designed to develop knowledge, understanding and practical skills consonant with the various professional social services disciplines within a state agency; receives controlled assignments in a broad range of departmental activities of an assignment in a specific phase of an agency's operation, involving the completion of practical work tasks of increasing difficulty and responsibility; applies energy and interest appropriate to that required by the incumbent to retain the knowledge and concepts given.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
1. Actively participates in an orientation, in-service and on-the-job training program, designed to give cross section familiarity and intimate knowledge of program and service philosophies and the operating objectives of the agency, as well as working knowledge of a broad spectrum of professional career disciplines.
2. Accepts and completes assignments of increasing difficulty for the purpose of gaining experience and developing working skills; consults with supervisory personnel on working problems and makes recommendations for needed improvements.
3. Pursues to successful completion assigned projects, and builds and refines knowledge of the tools and techniques utilized in the assigned areas of operation, along with the appropriate methods and procedures of application.
4. Attends and participates in staff meetings, conferences, workshops, institutions, and other activities which will provide meaningful learning experiences.
5. Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor's degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires ability to prepare comprehensive written or oral reports.
Requires ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Requires ability to profit from training received in the designated area of state government.
Requires ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and agency representatives.
In addition to having a written and spoken knowledge of the English language, candidates may be required to speak and write a foreign language at a colloquial skill level in carrying out position duties in conjunction with non-English speaking individuals.
You will need to bring a completed and printed out CMS100 application to a CMS testing center to take multiple-choice automated exam for a grade. Once you receive a grade, you will placed on an eligibility list. IDHS selects candidates for interviews from this list.
The application is available here:
A list of exam centers are located here:
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $3,396.00 to $4,731.00 /month