The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is a community-based not-for-profit committed to recovery-focused mental health services through advocacy, community education and direct services. We are recognized as the leader in Westchester in providing person-centered services that involve collaborating with each individual to achieve his or her goals.
MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services.
Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Human Resources Assistant (Part-Time) located in Tarrytown, NY.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
The Human Resource Assistant is responsible for assisting the Human Resources Administration with varied HR functions to include, but not limited to assisting with onboarding, file set up and document filing, responding to employee inquiries, assisting with training tracking, payroll benefit administration, processing, reporting, document preparation and administrative duties, and employee communication.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists with administering various human resource plans and procedures for all agency personnel.
2. Supports the HR function with administrative tasks including data entry of information and changes into the HRIS system. Prepares reports, as requested.
3. Create and maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the HR databases.
4. Maintains files of current applicants and prepares responses for applicants not selected.
5. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
6. Order supplies for the department.
7. Assists in organizing agency events and keeping employee morale high.
8. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
9. General administrative support.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
1. Basic understanding of HR functions, compliance, and HR regulations.
2. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues.
3. Outstanding interpersonal skills; including, displaying patience and helpfulness at all times.
4. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
5. Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills: accuracy is essential.
6. Strong attention to detail.
7. Problem solving skills.
1. The Human Resources Assistant will have a high school diploma or GED/TASC and one year of HR experience.
2. Ability and flexibility to work in a distributed workforce.
3. Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and data base management are desired.
4. Must be reliable, able to work independently and understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
5. The Human Resources Assistant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
MHA of Westchester is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by the applicable law.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR Assistant” as the subject line of the e-mail. Thank you.