This is an executive position responsible for the overall operation and management of student services and auxiliary functions for Stephen F. Austin State University including Residence Life, Printing Services, Graphic Shop, ID card services, summer camps and conferences, Post Office, Testing Services, and the Baker Pattillo Student Center. Works under limited supervision, with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the vice president of University Affairs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Serves as liaison to major contracts and vendors, including the bookstore and dining services.
2. Provides vision, leadership, management, student development insights, customer service enrichment and contract supervision for assigned revenue enterprises of the university.
3. Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates departmental directors. Provides professional development opportunities to staff.
4. Develops coordinated short-term and long-range goals and projected outcomes for the departments under supervision, unifying the strategic direction of each and assessing the success of these plans.
5. Oversees and monitors departmental budgets within established limits.
6. Oversees the operational implementation of university policy requirements related to the sale and/or service of food and alcohol on campus, ensuring compliance.
7. Develops and oversees training, record retention and compliance procedures associated with campus programs for minors.
8. Serves as liaison to external maintenance and construction companies.
9. Receives and supervises the receipt of payments from students and others for departmentally sponsored activities.
10. Develops, oversees and ensures compliance with university policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Job Functions
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
2. Organizational skills in managing projects simultaneously while maintaining a satisfactory work product.
3. Skill in using computer applications including spreadsheet, database and word processing software.
4. Ability to provide support for student development with a demonstrable concern for students.
5. Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
6. Ability to conduct short-range and long-range project planning studies.
7. Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions.
8. Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
9. Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
10. Ability to establish and maintain a good rapport with university faculty and staff, students and the general public.
11. Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with colleagues, coworkers, constituents and volunteers.
12. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
13. Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
Physical Demands Required Education
Master’s degree in business administration, accounting, education, student affairs or a related field is required.
Required Experience and Training
Eight years of related experience is required. Experience in auxiliaries operations management, including budgetary and personnel management and multi-level revenue generation, is required.
Experience with supervision of the departmental areas under this position, strategic planning, assessment, crisis management and response is preferred.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check.
This is an IT-sensitive position subject to the Computer and Network Security policy.
Min Pay Rate Mid Pay Rate Salary Information Commensurate with Experience Specific Job Requirements/Duties for this Posting Is Background Check Required? Yes Benefit and Retirement Eligibility
This position is eligible for participation in the Optional Retirement Program (ORP), subject to the position being full-time and at least 4 ½ months in length, or the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) retirement plan, subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S2019-373
Candidates Eligible to Apply Open to all qualified applicants
Number of Positions Available 1
Posted Date 05/17/2019
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This search is being conducted by the search firm Spelman-Johnson. Please find the application at the following link:
Posting Quick Link http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/4579
Contact Name Mark Hall
Contact Phone (413) 529-2895
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Information Applicants will be contacted by the hiring department if selected for an interview If you have technical questions about this job posting, please contact HR at (936) 468-2304.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply