Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
The Developmental Specialist Vocational is primarily responsible for developing a positive relationship with the individuals he or she supports while assisting them in achieving their personal dreams and goals as designated in the individual goal plans.
**Part time opening in Winston Salem and Sub openings in Albermarle and Asheboro !**
Requiring the following to be considered for employment:
1. Valid North Carolina Driver License.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Graduate of College of Direct Supports preferred.
Responsibilities (limited list, for more information, please visit: www.MonarchNC.org).
1.Assess each person receiving services for their hopes, dreams, and desires and provide supports that facilitate achievement.
2. Ensure that the rights of each person receiving services are protected and promoted at all times. Assist people in developing advocacy skills, participating in advocacy efforts, and utilizing personal advocates.
3. Serve as a resource for person served on community agencies, services, and supports that can meet identified needs or goals.
4. Supervise, educate, and monitor (as needed) people receiving services in work settings. Settings may include community, vocational workshops, day supports, etc.
5. Maintain a safe working environment for employees and people receiving services by practicing safety procedures in the community and on the job.
6. Continually educate people receiving services on required work procedures, facility rules, policies, practices and their rights.
7. Facilitate person-centered, effective, positive relationships with people receiving services using positive approaches that promote self determination in all areas of life.
8. Provide input and recommendations into assessment and planning processes, and development of the individual’s plan.
9. Implement person’s plan fully, within the requirements of the service definition, and document as required by the service definition and agency policy.
10.Accurately complete all required documentation, including but not limited to, progress notes, goal completion, actions toward outcomes, incident reports, time sheets, etc.
*For more information please visit our website at www.MonarchNC.org referencing posting 8975,9390, 9391, 9392 and 9394 .
Job Type: Part-time