- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Financial Accounting
Operations Specialist Intern
Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore, London, Tokyo and Sydney. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately US$99 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
The Operations Specialist Intern will be assigned various accounts for daily and monthly review and/or act as an individual contributor for specialized projects and specialized functions within the group.
- Monitor the daily reconciliation system, past due income bank follow up, bank overdrafts and cash differences, tax tables.
- Reconcile account holdings/daily activity and research and resolve any outstanding differences.
- Facilitate Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Reporting including account review preparation at month end.
- Reconcile currency balances between Acadian systems and custodian cash statements; Check that currency accounts are not overdrawn.
- Support the Trade Settlement, Corporate Actions/Pricing and Commingled Funds groups with various project work.
- Develop and maintain custodian relationships to ensure an effective working relationship and proper attention and maintenance of client accounts.
- Respond to requests made by internal groups, custodian banks and clients.
- Pursuing Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business or finance related program.
- Interest in fund accounting/operations or related investment management areas.
- Strong analytical background and knowledge of financial accounting principles is helpful.
- Strong Excel skills needed; should be proficient in MS Windows 2007 and MS 2007 Office suite.
- Detail oriented, flexible, able to work within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment when working with confidential information.
To view all of Acadian’s open positions please visit the Careers section of our website at http://www.acadian-asset.com/Careers/job-opportunities. We will contact selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.