The National Sales Director is primarily responsible for all aspects of driving the Mario Badescu business within Our Retailers. In this role you will work to develop and grow the Mario Badescu business through strategic vision to execution, working closely with planning manager, team development, open communication, market knowledge, and competitive analysis. Delivers sustainable growth plan for brand within the account. This role will require that the selected candidate work within the corporate office in Edison, N.J.
Corporate Retail Planning Experience with a luxury product line, beauty, fragrance, cosmetics with retailers such as Ulta, Macy's, Nordstrom, Dillard's, Sephora (preferred)
Essential Duties And Responsibilities: .
- Effectively plan and execute corporate programming focusing on retail results.
- Understanding of the specific nature of the retail environment and know how impact sales from a corporate stand point
- Build strong retailer relationships to insure proper communication and collaborative negotiations.
- Provide efficient feedback regarding the effectiveness of Mario Badescu strategies within a retailer, as well as retailer specific events, selling tools, and products.
- Ensures that account inventory is managed to support retail growth
- Manages retailer orders to ensure optimal ordering parameters, ensures the right level of WOS in assortment
- Communicates all stock concerns to appropriate personnel to ensure appropriate stock levels for all doors nationwide.
- Process orders efficiently and effectively
- Clearly communicates in a timely and consistent manner with retailer corporate personnel and all appropriate Mario Badescu team members including the President, Vice President's, National Directors, and Field teams.
- Collaborates with National Field Director on all business opportunities to the field in order to develop continued strategies for retail sales growth.
- Cascade corporate directives to the Field team
- Has broad exposure to competitive landscape and market enabling you to gain insights that will drive retail sell through
- Implement Business Reviews with MB Field Sales team each quarter on upcoming events, strategic opportunities within the account
- Follow up with retailer corporate team to ensure merchandise shelf updates etc. are completed.
- Formulate an action plan to develop and adjust strategies for growth and to increase Mario Badescu rank
- Ongoing evaluation and up to date on store trends and rankings in each location.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail. high sense of responsibility, dependable and self-starter
- Technologically advanced and oriented. Must have above average computer and technical skills to navigate
- Always be approachable and an effective two-way communicator.
- This position requires the final candidate to have had first hand experience with overseeing sales teams and driving the business from a strategic standpoint within our major retailers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales Management: 8 years (Required)