Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Other Potential Locations:
Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date:
Number of Positions:
Starting pay rate is approximately $160.14 per day
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
The positions available are responsible for coverage of the following:
Responding to questions from employees and/or customers
Identifying and implementing solutions
Interpreting information and applying rules and agreements
Initiating and processing correspondence via various communication channels
Investigating and adjusting claims
Maintaining confidential information
Duties include, but are not limited to, answering calls in a call center, handling job bulletins, job assignments, recalls, filling vacancies, vacation scheduling, seniority roster maintenance, problem resolution, claims research and timekeeping validation.
Positions require a considerable amount of telephone interaction and heavy use of various computer programs and systems for data input, data extraction, research and analysis.
Position is required to handle confidential matters discreetly.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position.
These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
This position requires successful candidates to take and pass a typing test, administered through BNSF.
The minimum net typing rate required for this position is:
25 wpm, minimum 35 wpm preferred.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Available to work in the geographic area indicated.
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English.
- Available to work a 40-hour work week subject to overtime and alternate shifts that may include weeknights, weekends and holidays. DAYS OFF MAY NOT BE CONSECUTIVE.
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Minimum of 1 year of verifiable training and/or work experience in an administrative function within an office environment.
- Able to handle multiple projects and duties simultaneously, accurately input data into computer systems and sit for long periods of time.
- Basic level skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and have used it in school and/or at work. Experience with PowerPoint and Access a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year of verifiable training and/or work experience resolving internal and/or external customer issues via telephone and/or email correspondence.
Company paid on the job training is provided.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Indoor, office environment.
Railroad operations are 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Work weeks are 40 hours per week; shifts are governed by union agreement and subject to seniority.
Transportation Communications Union
Per the collective bargaining agreement, union membership and monthly dues are required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC):
Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Operations - Clerical | Fort Worth, TX | 76131