Apply knowledge of engineering theories, principles, best practices, methods, analysis and research techniques in the investigation and resolution of complex technical problems associated with tactical missile system production while advising in the planning and conduct of technical reviews and evaluation of production programs. Coordinate efforts of a technical support staff in the performance of all assigned tasks and review program’s progress to make recommendations and correct technical deficiencies and risks impacting cost and schedule considerations. Analyze and interpret design specifications, drawings, documentation, models, or test results to ensure technical designs comply with applicable engineering standards, military specifications and program or product requirements, conduct of trade or feasibility studies, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) management. Identify resolutions to issues on the production lines and in testing review of Engineering Change Notices (ECNs), the development of electrical assembly, manufacturing, or performance certification plans and procedures. Resolve product modification and non-conformance issues and defines Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS), Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) efforts for Supplier production qualification assessments and tests (PQTs). Perform system design, systems integration and test, verification and validation, including the conduct of platform integration efforts, Test and Evaluation (T&E) analysis, and resolution of gun and weapon system T&E issues. Conduct Process Failure Modes Effects Analysis (PFMEAs) assessment and the development and implementation of recommended corrective actions and verify that products meet Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO) and Personnel (HERP) and Electrical Explosives Safety requirements preparations for Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) reviews and identify technical risks associated with gun or ordnance development and system performance, and the coordination and conduct of Failure Review Boards (FRBs) and Root-Cause Corrective Action investigations.
- 15+ years of experience with military weapons production
- Ability to comprehend complex technical problems where capabilities are affected by technical achievability, affordability, and schedule
- Active Top Secret clearance
- BS degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of military weapons systems, tactical missile design principles, system performance modeling and analysis, flight dynamics, Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC), RF, optical, passive sensors technologies, fuzing technologies, and warhead design, energetics, and propulsion
- Knowledge of system engineering, modeling and simulation, parts engineering, reliability engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, structural analysis, Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) test requirements, production engineering and test, development, or operational test and evaluation (DT/OT&E) efforts
- MS degree preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.