Our DigitalUnit is seeking a part-time, in-house content-management specialist to assist in editing, automating, and maintaining content on the Virginia ABC website, including both product and nonproduct content. This person will be working closely with Virginia ABC’s digital development teams.
- Maintain content and layouts on the Virginia ABC website, including adding and modifying product information and other site content.
- Prepare product images and descriptions for the online catalog.
- Proofread and audit web content for quality and accuracy.
- Work closely with content strategy teams to assure that content promotes objectives.
- Participate in developing compelling web content through helping to organize photo shoots, photo and content research and drafting original content.
- Conduct website analysis and work in analytic tools.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and document problems with the content management system and online ordering.
- Assist with the maintenance of the technical and content backlogs for digital development.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of job aids and internal communication.
We are looking for an individual with technical skills and interest, but also an ability to work with words and an appreciation for the value of quality content in the customer experience. We welcome applicants who are working to complete a relevant bachelor’s degree, whether in English, public relations, marketing, user experience design,
or computer science.
For full consideration, all applicants must fully complete all sections of the online application. A resume will not substitute for an incomplete application.
The Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority does not provide sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, or disability.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
ABC will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process.
Criminal history record checks are required prior to employment.