We are seeking to hire a Thermal Analyst to join our team! Our division is a small subset (<100) of the company comprised of engineers of various disciplines organized into product development teams. This small company atmosphere provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your engineering skills on the most challenging problems while also expanding your skills and advancing your career. If you are a highly motivated engineer who enjoys a challenging and dynamic environment where your contributions to a small team are both critical and valued, this company will provide you the tools and opportunity to flourish (and have some fun while you are at it).
- Perform software-based analysis and verification for thermal systems.
- Perform PCB level thermal analysis as well as system level thermal analysis on both terrestrial and space-based systems.
- Recommend design paths based on analysis results. These recommendations include items such as material selection and assembly techniques.
- Assess systems to identify key failure modes and recommend analysis to be validate design decisions.
- Review electronics packaging designs as they progress through development, qualification, and production.
- Develop and conduct testing to validate engineering analysis models.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar degree.
- 6+ years of experience in Thermal Analysis and Electronics Packaging Design.
- Experience with thermal analysis techniques and software including CFD.
- Familiarity with printed wiring board (PWB) fabrication, and electronics assembly processes.
- Experience with 3D CAD packages.
- Ability to select appropriate materials for interfaces and interconnects in electronic packages such as die attach, die encapsulation material, thermal interface materials, solder types, connectors, and adhesive attachment for components.
- Current TS/SCI with polygraphy security clearance.
- MSME with concentration in Electronics Packaging Design and/or Thermal Analysis.
- Experience with space-based system analysis.
- Experience with package level system analysis.
- High reliability electronics packaging design experience.
- CAD experience in Solidworks.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required)
- Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification
- Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check
- Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .