National Hospitality Services (NHS) has a passion for results. Throughout our many years in the hospitality industry, we have proven the ability to deliver service and value. Our expertise covers a broad range of lodging options, from extended stay and limited service properties, to full-service hotels featuring restaurants and convention centers.
The Delta by Marriott Fargo is the perfect choice for business or leisure. From the moment you arrive, your comfort will be our pleasure. Known for its elegance, class and genuine hospitality, the Delta by Marriott features 185 guest rooms, including 117 two-room suites. It is a full-service property featuring Urban 42 Restaurant and Lounge, Starbucks and banquet facilities.
The Director of Sales is a key position within the hotel responsible for acquiring and maintaining a solid base of customers ensuring the hotels continued success and profitability. The Director of Sales is also responsible for managing a team of sales professionals serving as a strong and motivating leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining a solid base of customers and for attaining a high occupancy and level of profitability.
- Actively seek high revenue accounts and work to maintain a high level of business.
- Productivity will be evaluated against room night and revenue goals set by the General Manager, and based upon a written, approved action plan.
- Provides all operations areas up-to-date information about promotions and specific accounts.
- Acquire and maintain a solid base of accounts towards attaining the property’s budgeted profit levels.
- The development of a comprehensive property marketing plan and annual sales forecast.
- Solicit sales for the property through planned, personal calls and telephone solicitations to local trade and professional associations/corporations, travel agents, as well as other local and state organizations that could result in potential business for the hotel.
- Participate in department head meetings and report on sales activity for the previous and upcoming weeks.
- Maintain and regularly update files of competitor’s activities, prices, menus, brochures, sales kits, etc.
- Responsible for third party requests, GoLeads, CVB bids and Hotel Planner.
- Oversee the Sales office and address issues, challenges and problems.
- Assists in training employees on proper upselling techniques.
- Follow up on employee issues.
- Work with other departments to ensure successful events.
Required Skills and Experience
- Highly energetic and motivated individual
- Must have strong sales and leadership skills
- 10+ years of sales experience required
- Previous hospitality industry experience with Marriott or Hyatt preferred but not required
- Associate’s degree or higher level of education required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner
- Adaptable to change
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products to include, but not limited to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- High level of flexibility regarding overtime during times busy periods as required by the business
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Marriott: 5 years
- sales: 10 years
- Management: 5 years