CVS Health, a Fortune 7 Pharmacy Innovation company, is recruiting an experienced, enthusiastic, and innovative leader to join our analytic development organization focusing on population health and care coordination analytics for Accordant Health Services, a rare chronic condition management arm of the enterprise. In this important role supporting a key business asset serving patients with complex conditions, you will work closely with Accordant clinical, product development and client support business partners, leading a group of analytics professionals, to deliver assessments of rare condition management impact on patient clinical and cost outcomes and client ROI. In addition, you will conduct analytics to identify opportunities for program optimization, improvement and innovation.
The essential roles and responsibilities of the role are to:
- Partner with Accordant sales and account management, product development, and senior management to identify existing and evolving business needs which can be effectively solved with a variety of analytic approaches.
- Develop and execute a prioritized analytic strategy to address the Accordant business and client needs and partner with analytic leaders from the Enterprise Analytics organization and IT as needed to delivery on the strategy.
- Define best-in-class measurement methodology, and oversee coordinated and consistent delivery of client outcomes analyses based on the rigorous methods and contractual obligations.
- Engage with Accordant sales and client-facing partners as well with Accordant clients to deliver the analytic findings and improvement opportunities, identify underlying client concerns and deliver follow-up analytics to address the concerns.
- Travel to client sites and Accordant locations to plan and support delivery of analytic findings
- Lead the team in leverage core pharmacy and medical claims data as well as identify and utilize other data sources (EMR, lab results, clinical data and notes) to provide actionable and relevant and timely analytic insight.
- Recruit, lead and develop a staff of 6+ Master’s and PhD level analytics professional, defining team and individual goals, managing performance and providing onboarding support and ongoing mentorship.
1. 10-15 years of progressive experience in the analytics field with experience in analytics focused on population health management and care coordination, outcomes evaluation assessment, or related analytic areas
2. Proven team leadership and management experience, with ability to recruit, engage and develop staff with advanced degrees and diverse backgrounds and in different geographic locations, ability to allocate resources based on priority and skill level, strengths, and area of expertise; ability to train and mentor junior colleagues.
3. Solid understanding and hands on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, measurement methodologies development, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling and machine learning.
4. Solid understanding and hands on experience working with large data sources, particularly administrative claims and clinical program data, focusing on efficient data extraction from large databases, data manipulation, and setting up optimized summary data layers.
5. Proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with non-analytic business partners and payer clients to define and deliver on analytic strategy that addresses the underlying business and client needs.
6. Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience, from the analytic professional to the senior business leaders.
7. Excellent project management skills with ability to lead and engage in multiple projects and initiatives and appropriately prioritize ones own time as well as that of the direct reports, setting and delivering on specified deadlines.
8. Well-developed understanding of the healthcare administration landscape and disease management approaches, including patient and payer concerns, as well as patient behavioral drivers and patterns.
9. Extensive hands-on experience with SAS, SQL, Python, R, Tableau and other data, statistical and data visualization tools and techniques, and ability to investigate and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures.
1. Management consulting experience a plus
2. Experience in disease management or similar patient intervention settings
3. Experience in CRO or similar situation with delivering on analytic studies according to agreed-upon analytic methodology
4. Publication record in the field of population health management and HEOR methods and intervention study results a plus
Advanced degree in a related discipline, such as epidemiology, public health, statistics, biostatistics, health economics, pharmacy or related field, or MBA with training in statistics and health services utilization analytics.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.