The successful candidate will exceed standards regarding attendance, punctuality, and availability. High motivation, self-starting, and results driven and proven candidates are those who will be considered.
- Customer Service & Sales – Greets and assists customers while providing excellent customer service and demostrates these behaviors consistently. Partners where needed for additional support. Actively and enthusiastic engages customer while working to resolve problems and assist with credit, rewards and gift card programs. Promotes online ordering and other programs intended to drive sales and enhance customer service.
- Checkout Standards – Completes checkout processes including returns and re-ticketing. Assists with the signing and merchandising standards at all checkouts while stocking and merchandising Impulse Fixtures and replenishment. Proactively calls for assistance when additional help is needed in checkout. Utilizes Point of Sale on portable hand-held device to support line management.
- General Operations – Assists with Omnichannel efforts as needed. Assists with recovery, put backs and fitting room maintenance as needed. Participates in annual inventory processes.
- Performance Standards – Supports company shrink and safety initiatives. Meets established performance standards for the role on a consistent basis, including (but not limited to) the company’s credit card program, product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance.
- Follows placement directions to effectively place set merchandise statements.
- Contributes to merchandise receipt and reverse logistics processes.
- Assists with the execution of inventory processes.
- Contributes to the Shoe on Display restocking process, including mismates and stockroom organization.
- Contributes to the restock program to identify replenishment opportunities.
- Helps oversee and maintain all fitting room and sales floor recovery processes.
- Responsible for stockroom maintenance.
- Assists with the jcp.com process including jcp.com orders and aged and undelivered orders/returns as needed.
- Contributes to Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship from Store processes as needed.
- Assists with the Defective process execution to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink.
To achieve success at JCPenney, a Customer Service Associate will possess the following:
- Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others.
- Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes.
- Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency.
- Results – Solves problems and makes smart decisions that drive sales, profit and customer service; executes work effectively and efficiently; holds self accountable to a high standards to achieve results; adapts quickly to changing situations with energy and a positive attitude.
- Ownership – Provides great customer service; cooperates and builds positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; takes accountability for own actions and outcomes.
- Intensity – Proactively finds ways to improve the customer experience; shows the confidence and courage to do what is right; takes action with energy and urgency.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Commission
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
- Store Discount
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Repetitive lifting
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Operate all aspects of the register, including cash and card transactions, scanners, and scales
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer, ensuring that all transactions are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Answer any customer inquiries, and use your knowledge of store layout and product content to give directions as needed
- Assist customers with bagging and carrying products as needed
- Maintain a clean work environment, keeping register clear for incoming customers
- Other duties as requested
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative