GIRL SCOUTS HEART OF THE HUDSON, INC.
REPORTS TO: Camp Director
To organize and administer activities at the waterfront consistent with Girl Scouts of the USA, American Camp Association and New York State Department of Health standards.
Integrate waterfront activities with other specialized camp events and to direct and supervise the waterfront staff.
Participate in general camp activities.
During pre-camp and throughout the camp sessions, train and supervise waterfront and lifeguard staff.
If certified as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, assess swimming ability and give instruction in water safety, swimming, boating, and canoeing.
Develop and enforce waterfront safety measures for every person in camp (including staff, visitors, and campers) in line with Girl Scout, American Camping Association and New York State Department of Health standards; reports accidents to the Nurse and Camp Director promptly.
Responsible for care and the use of boats, canoes, lifesaving equipment and other supplies and
Equipment; requisitions necessary equipment and supplies during c& requests necessary
repairs and maintenance work.
Keep American Red Cross records for certifications and Department of Health water testing reports. Keep other records and make reports as required.
Conduct annual review (and document that review) of the swimming portion of the Department of Health Safety Plan.
Other duties as assigned.
- Girl Scout Membership required.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Current certification in American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or American
Red Cross Lifeguard Training and Waterfront Lifeguard.
- Current certification in American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer or
- Three seasons of previous waterfront experience. Willing to take aquatics management or supervision training.
Job Type: Temporary
- United States (Preferred)