Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
The Olympia House program is a 32 bed residential facility that provides high quality chemical dependency treatment services to adult men and women. The overarching goal of the program is to assist residents in attaining and maintaining a life free from chemical dependency. We are currently recruiting for an AOD counselor.
The Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the clinical aspects of the program, creating and maintaining a recovery based milieu and assisting the individuals being served as needed. The Counselor will provide direct services, assist with administrative duties and in the operation of the overall program.
1. A valid California Driver's license
2. Registration with an entity demonstrating work towards a certificate in chemical dependency. CCAPP Certification preferred, CCAPP Registration required.
3. Knowledge of the effects of drugs of abuse including intoxication and detox symptoms
4. Either formal training or lived experience where basic skills in working with individuals with a chemical dependency was acquired
5. Current First Aid/CPR Certification
6. Ability to physically assist individuals served in crisis situations.
Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work, 21 years of age or older, verification of degree/credentials, satisfactory health exam, submission of proof of California Driver's License, good driving record, successful completion of CPR and First Aid training, and agreement to uphold all Sonoma Recovery Services, LLC Policies and Procedures.
Please forward letter of interest that includes salary expectations along with your resume to this ad. Sonoma Recovery Services values diversity and encourages applicants with lived experience and from diverse backgrounds and communities to apply. Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Job Type: Full-time