We are seeking to hire a Portfolio Analytics Associate. The Associate will conduct detailed performance and portfolio analytics and prepare reports for the firm and other investment vehicles on a regular basis.
The individual is expected to understand portfolio mandates, objectives, strategies, the investment process, market events and trends to effectively respond to periodical and ad hoc requests for analytics, and perform portfolio analyses on a timely basis. The position requires the use and understanding of different analytical tools and methodologies to produce performance and holdings based analytics. The associate is expected to communicate results effectively to members of the team and to different areas of the Firm.
The successful candidate will support and contribute to a highly driven group of professionals. The individual must have a strong, team-based orientation, yet rely upon its members to take initiative and responsibility for their own individual projects. A highly proactive and professional attitude is pivotal.
The Portfolio & Risk Analytics (P&RA) group utilizes several performance and risk analytics tools to help clients and portfolio managers understand, monitor and report portfolios’ performance, investment styles, exposures, risks, fair market valuation of illiquid securities, and peers’ performance. The group is responsible for periodical reporting of results and for maintaining and reporting the Firm’s composites performance. P&RA also plays a central role as a source of product and market intelligence to facilitate the development of new products and enhancement of existing ones.
ESSENTIAL TASKS include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Proficiently use and understand all portfolio and risk analytics tools available, such as FactSet PA, Universal Screening, FactSet PA Batcher, PA Publisher, Bloomberg, Morningstar and Advent APX accounting system, as well as firm's Marketing and Equity Research proprietary systems, Starfish and BRAInS, and keep up with software developments and enhancements
- Support the PR&A team in project efforts, client meeting preparation and additional ad-hoc requests by compiling data, running reports, and organizing materials
- Prepare files and/or populate consultant databases with quarterly portfolio and performance analytics data accurately and timely
- Assist in the compilation of data and reports for the mid-year and the annual research analysts’ performance reviews
- Participate in different research projects that requires the manipulation of complex databases and large quantities of data
- Populate and audit/check quarterly performance and holdings-based data in Starfish during quarter-end reporting season for Director’s approval
- Assist in the production of monthly and quarterly holdings based reports in FactSet PA Batcher and the production of CIO’s quarterly Portfolio Books using FactSet Publisher
- Compile, maintain and improve P&RA periodical reports included in P&RA Books for the department head and for the President & COO
- Assist in performing thorough and timely reviews of content in fact sheets and presentations
- Update and maintain the “Portfolio & Risk Analytics Procedures Manual” and review procedures to increase efficiencies within the department
- Assist in improvements of portfolio reporting and automation projects and review of data flows into Starfish, firm's internal Marketing platform, and BRAInS, firm’s proprietary Equity Research platform, working closely with the IT development team, Operations and Fund Accounting departments
- Help maintain the list of IT needs, compile and provide clear specifications to developers and regularly review and prioritize new projects
- Assist in other projects that will enhance the P&RA team’s capabilities and efficiencies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar fields
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience in performance/portfolio analysis, risk reporting, and/or asset management, especially in support of both US and non-US equity products, and to a lesser degree, fixed income products
- Some knowledge in math, statistics, finance and/or economics
- Knowledge of statics software packages and programing language desirable
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong computer skills are a must. Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including designing, creating and maintaining spreadsheets, comfortable with formulas, databases, reports, and charts are required
- Works well as part of a team and has the ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
- Audit and controls focused
- Detail orientated and strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, creative, proactive, motivated, and with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proactive and energetic with focus toward service
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year