Field Service Machinist – International Offshore Assignment
Please read requirements related to International Offshore work prior to applying
We are currently recruiting for experienced Field Machinists for an offshore international project. CANDIDATES DO NOT NEED TO RELOCATE FOR THIS POSITION. We currently have seasonal openings for experienced Field Machinists. Interested Candidates must meet all project requirements and qualifications to be considered.
FIELD MACHINIST QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma/GED and related technical skills in the area of Field Machinery equipment
- Ideal candidate will have experience with pipe end prep equipment in the areas of grinding, machining, ID / OD mounted machinery, and precision measurement for bevel preps.
- OSHA 10 and TWIC is preferred and must be able to obtain
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the machining trades
- Experience working with lathes, drills and other equipment
- Ability to read precision measuring instruments
- Extensive knowledge of machining equipment including but not limited to: O.D. lathes, I.D. lathes, drills, mills, beveling and pipe beveling
- Manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50lbs frequently
- Projects may include climbing ladders and working on scaffolding
- Bending, stretching and reaching and grasping in tight spaces are necessary on a regular basis
- Constant use of hands to lift and hold heavy objects
- Field conditions can be extreme with exposure to heat, cold, heights and conditions that require knowledge and ability to use a respirator
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without Visa sponsorship
- OGUK Physical (BMI < 30 and closer to 25 if on blood pressure medicine)
- BOSIET Certificate
- Fall Protection Certification
- Operator Competency Certificates
- OSHA 10 Card
- Current TWIC Card
- Valid Passport through December 2020
PROJECT WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical exertion (climbing walkways, stairs, etc.) and exposure to heights.
- Shift work, with long hours, e.g. 12-hour shifts, and changes in routine.
- Absence from home for prolonged periods, which may be 4-6 weeks of duration.
- Helicopter and boat travel.
- Smoke, heat and cold exposure.
- Potential involvement in emergency situations, which may involve being exposed to physical exertion, to thermal and smoke exposure as well as cold water immersion.
The worksite is located on a vessel, off the coast of Nigeria. The worksite is in a remote and potentially hostile environment, which may be isolated from qualified medical assistance. Adverse weather may cause long delays in medical evacuation, and thereby exacerbate a minor medical problem. Must be willing to work on boats and platforms.
Successful completion of the pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol testing and criminal background investigation required following offer of employment. DMV clearance may be required.
Tri Tool Inc. has been a globally recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of precision portable machine tools for purchase or rental, domestically and internationally since 1972. Tri Tool Inc. produces heavy-duty pipeline machinery, automatic welding systems and provides on-site machining and welding services to a variety of industries including oil and gas exploration and production, nuclear and fossil fuel power plants, chemical, pulp and paper, and similar heavy industries. Please visit our website at www.tritool.com for more information about Tri Tool’s products and services.
Job Type: Temporary
- Lathes & Drills: 1 year (Required)
- Machinist: 1 year (Required)
- Pipe End Prep Equipment: 1 year (Required)
- Reading Precision Measuring Instruments: 1 year (Required)
- Knowledge of Machining Equipment: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- BOSIET (Required)
- Fall Protection (Required)
- Operator Competency (Required)
- TWIC Card (Required)
- OSHA 10 (Required)