Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. To achieve our objective, we must facilitate the provision of wholesome, affordable food on a global scale and in a sustainable manner. We are meeting this challenge by providing an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
The R&D Engineer will perform multi-disciplinary engineering design duties including designing, building, testing, and manufacturing novel machinery, software, and/or circuitry integral to the execution of the Zume commissary and truck platforms. The engineer will work with other multidisciplinary engineers to design and build systems for Zume and its customers. The design work will include identification of requirements, concept to detail design, business use cases, prototyping, and implementation validation. Experience and exposure to equipment related to automation, assembly, and test as required.
- assist in identifying gaps in Zume technology
- design solutions from concept to simulated models
- optimization of systems and designs
- prototype realization of simulated designs
- prototype validation
- design and manufacture of appropriate quality test tooling
- collaborate cross-functionally with production engineering and business stakeholders
Who You Are
- understands tool and system design and can prototype machinery, software, and/or electronic circuitry from design models
- degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, software engineering, automation engineering, systems engineering, or process engineering
- strong knowledge and practical skill in one or more other engineering disciplines
- 5-10 years industry experience in engineering prototyping or system integration
- experience in development and production manufacturing environments
- excelling communication skills with internal and external partners
- expert knowledge with tools for design and simulation in one or more engineering disciplines (e.g. solidworks, pspice, software programming tools, PLC controls simulation)
- bonus points: understanding of design constraints for food safe equipment
What We Offer
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% of your dependents
- Ownership via Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
- Dog friendly office
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.