Job overview As a Maintenance Engineer, you will play a key role in the repairs and maintenance of the hotel, accomplish the preventative maintenance program as directed and support repair and renovation projects. The ideal candidate will: Enjoy being a key player in the quality presentation of all hotel facilities, be detail oriented, preferably with facility maintenance experience.
- Be friendly, customer centric, smiles and has fun in a team environment.
- Administers the preventative maintenance program as required, properly completing work orders on time.
- Ensures all fire and safety inspections are completed and any discrepancies are corrected.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner.
- Reports appropriate complaints or requests to appropriate department.
- Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of repair activities for products and materials and to obtain pricing and bids as directed.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles and needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- PTO & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Discount program
EOE - Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
A background check will be required.
Hyatt Place Chapel Hill is a drug free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Hotel Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- Maintenance Engineer: 1 year (Preferred)