- Computer Skills
- Certified Project Manager
- Project Management
Reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer and works closely with the Vice President, Transformational Philanthropy to support the MedStar Philanthropy Group based on priorities initiated by the positions above. Assists in the management of activity and plans related to highly-rated philanthropic partner prospects. Supports senior philanthropy leadership focus on increased revenue activity.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: 5 years of progressively responsible related experience; 7 years preferred.
License/Cert/Reg: Must be or become project management certified. CFRE (Certified Fund-Raising Executive) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of moves management core principles, impeccable project management leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking capabilities. Strong written and verbal communications. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Acts as a senior advisor to the SVP and CPO and philanthropy executive team, assisting in facilitating and implementing effective decision-making.
3. Coordinates the execution of strategic initiatives, maximizing transparency, incorporating an innovative philanthropy model for MedStar Health.
4. Ensures that communication with senior leadership, including but not limited to acknowledgements, prospect activity, and community engagement, is consistent, timely and thoughtful.
5. Facilitates moves management plans for major gifts program, clearly articulating expectations of the SVP and CPO to MedStar Philanthropy Group team members. Tracks, analyzes and reports progress of program activities and results.
6. Works with philanthropy officers to ensure clinician engagement is vibrant and consistent expectations. Tracks and manages clinician relationships with philanthropy officers.
7. Manages, analyzes and monitors major gift officers’ portfolios throughout the moves management process. Ensures that philanthropy officers are managing optimized portfolios at all times.
8. Supports professional activities of senior philanthropy executives inside MedStar Health, in the region, in the healthcare philanthropy profession and the entire healthcare industry.
9. Partners with Philanthropy Services to fully implement a prospect pipeline, incorporating innovative tools into the process.
10. Organizes work and coordinates projects with others, manages multiple projects simultaneously and meets deadlines.
11. Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts. Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.