GENESIS HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
In order to fulfill our Mission of providing Compassionate, Quality HealthCare, all employees of Genesis HealthCare System must be committed to living the Genesis Mission and Genesis values of Compassion, Trust, Innovation, and Excellence. All employees must regard themselves as an "owner" of Genesis and keep our patients at the center of everything we do - always.
FT 30-40 BENEFITS. FTE:
Genesis Hospital - Maple Campus
Overview of position:
This position is responsible for patient satisfaction, as well as operational and financial performance of all physicians and medical practices in the assigned geography, specialty or other defined region. Develops strong relationships through excellent communication with physicians to gain a deep understanding of individual practice needs. Ensures implementation of Network Operations Council (NOC) initiatives and directs operating policies and initiatives within the assigned region. Functions as a partner and advocate for each Practice Operations Council (POC) and creates growth plans, performance improvement work plans, budgets and tactics for assigned practices.
1. Directs the operations, financial performance, quality, and service delivery of all practice sites within the assigned region.
2. Leads practice planning, strategy, growth, and outreach efforts in conjunction with each POC. Collaborates with Marketing to support designated practice activities.
3. Partners with individual POCs to ensure the success of each physician in the assigned practices. Definition of “success” determined by scorecard criteria agreed upon annually by physicians and Physician Services leadership.
4. Analyzes practice data to identify opportunities for improvement. This includes patient satisfaction, quality, practice hours, scheduling, staffing, physician availability and reimbursement. Gains physician support and utilizes results to implement specific initiatives to enhance performance and optimize workflow. Engages Lean Six Sigma (LSS) team when appropriate and adopts tools and recommendations as directed by LSS team.
5. Develops policies, procedures, job descriptions, performance criteria and initiatives for the medical group to support Genesis goals. Ensures that final policies, procedures and initiatives, which have been adopted, are implemented in all assigned practices in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for recruitment, onboarding and development of Practice Managers and accountable for their success. Establishes clear accountabilities for each assigned manager based upon job description and individual practice needs. Provides ongoing performance feedback and conducts annual performance evaluations for each manager with input from the relevant POC and support staff.
7. Responsible for recruitment, onboarding and development of Advanced Practice Practitioners (APPs). Conducts annual performance evaluations for each APP in collaboration with supervising physician(s). Assists with the practice manager, and/or provide feedback, on the recruitment and development of other staff within the assigned practices.
8. Reviews patient satisfaction, operational and financial performance at least monthly with each POC and Practice Manager. Works with each POC and practice manager to set goals and develop tactics that ensure compliance with performance standards; consistently reinforces focus on the identified success factors.
9. Partners with and/or leads each POC in annual budget development for assigned practices, utilizing medical group strategic and growth plans for guidance. Holds Practice Manager accountable for adherence to budget and other performance objectives.
10. Works with Physician Services Revenue Cycle Director to implement revenue cycle initiatives specific to assigned practices. Reviews key performance metrics and initiative progress, by practice, regularly with Practice Managers.
11. Works collaboratively, and as a highly accountable partner with hospital service line directors and other Practice Administrators.
12. Strengthens knowledge base and skill level through ongoing development.
13. Maintains communication with leadership through consistent review of operational issues and performance targets, as well as other projects as defined by leadership. Keeps leadership informed of physicians or POCs that are having difficulty functioning within approved practice parameters despite ongoing feedback from the Practice Administrator.
1. Master’s degree in health care administration, business or related area required.
2. Five (5) years operational management/leadership experience in a physician practice or other ambulatory care area.
3. Proven ability to formulate and carry out operational plans for a physician practice.
4. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and successfully complete initiatives that involve multiple practices and/or departments.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of physician practice financial administration and revenue cycle management for medical offices.
6. Knowledge of project planning and ability to coordinate various projects and activities concurrently.
7. Good understanding of legal issues related to physician practices, including employment laws and fraud/abuse rules.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Patient Centered Care & Behavioral Expectations at Genesis HealthCare System:
1. Living the Genesis Mission, Vision and Values:
- Performs work in a manner that is quality focused.
- Treats patients, co-workers, visitors and volunteers with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect.
- Results oriented and focused on achievement of objectives.
- Acknowledges and responds to the diversity of people and the situation.
- Encourages peers (others) to be owners of change.
- Always makes the effort to anticipate and exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Possesses the ability to engage others with patience and understanding.
- Acts in a manner that creates positive first and lasting impressions.
- Demonstrates the ability to own issues until they are resolved.
2. Patient Centered Care (patients/families, physicians, co-workers, all other internal/external customers)
- Introduces self and role…connects with everyone.
- Communicates effectively (i.e. advising others of actions, pertinent information, time durations, etc.) and asks for feedback.
- Asks for and anticipates needs and concerns of others.
- Maintains a positive work environment for staff and a healing environment for patients (i.e. safe, clean, quiet, etc.)
- Maintains the dignity and privacy of each person; manages confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Responds to requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Exits patient/customer encounters courteously, asking if there are additional needs that can be addressed.
3. Promotes Patient and Employee Safety
- Demonstrates safe Patient Handling (i.e. transfers, transport, care administration, nutrition, medication, etc.)
- Demonstrates safe Materials Handling (i.e. appropriate use and disposal of chemicals, infectious wastes, etc.)
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of Infectious Disease precautions and use of proper protective equipment.
- Demonstrates Slips/Trips and Falls Awareness.
- Actively contributes to maintaining a safe, clean and quiet environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This description reflects in general terms the type and level of work performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive, nor portray the specific duties of any one incumbent.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Genesis. Genesis is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Selection of applicants for employment is based only on qualifications and the requirements of a specific job.