Remind is a communication platform that helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With 27 million active users, we’re one of the fastest-growing companies in education technology, but we have our sights set on something bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
A new team.
Be the founding member of a new team at Remind that sits at the heart of our business. We’re looking for a Software Developer who is passionate about improving how our business operates, from finance to sales to marketing to customer success. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most critical business processes, including our monetization model, sales playbook, marketing automation, and financial metrics reporting. You will design, orchestrate, and operate the system that ties all of our 3rd party services to our core production database.
The right candidate has both strong technical skills and a natural business acumen, and will be able to rigorously prioritize based on our business and also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics for the long term health of Remind.
- Design, build, and operate our internal operational system, the source of customer truth that will power sales, marketing, finance and other core teams
- Empower Remind's sales, operations, support and finance teams. Super-charge the way they engage with customers, track growth, and grow the business by building cutting-edge tools, integrations, and dashboards
- Build, integrate, and maintain data pipelines to synchronize our business systems for customer relationship management, marketing automation, and customer support with our other production systems
- Demonstrable experience building enterprise-level applications and integrations with a focus on performance, scalability and security, ideally in multiple companies
- Strong computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Strong technical aptitude, with a high ceiling for further growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills —you effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience
- Able to discern and empathize with internal stakeholders’ pain points and needs, and meet those needs with concrete solutions
- Fast and adaptable, able to thrive in a dynamic, agile startup environment and derive priorities, requirements, and goals from company context
- Experience in the enterprise/B2B SaaS industry
- Experience creating reports, visualizations, and dashboards using industry-standard business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy) and a working knowledge of basic statistical concepts and data analysis best practices
- Experience with SaaS payment processing tools (e.g. Recurly, Stripe)
- Experience with SaaS operations tools (e.g. Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo, Workday)
- Experience with third-party integration platforms (e.g. Snaplogic, Mulesoft, Workato)
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity
- Relocation support offered
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy
- Parental leave
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Parking and commuter benefits
Remind is an equal opportunity employer, and we're committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We aim to represent the students, teachers, and parents we serve, and we welcome, support, and empower all the diverse individuals in our community.