Full Job Description
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
This position will report to the Senior Shipping Coordinator.
Associates Degree or Higher. Experience in warehousing, shipping and receiving is required.
Responsibility over the day to day shipping activities. Directing a staff to expeditiously process, prepare and verify shipments for accuracy. Process movements of raw materials, finished goods and recyclable material. 60% of candidate's day will be behind a computer. The remainder will be on a forklift or directing those on a forklift.
Areas of Emphasis:
Prepare paperwork for shipments accurately & learn how to correct mistakes.
Oversee staff pulling orders for accuracy and timeliness.
Oversee movements of raw materials, finished goods, and recyclable materials for accuracy.
Reconciliation of inventory through cycle counts and end of period inventories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Computer Work using ERP/MRP System.
- Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Creating Bill of Lading (BOL)/Packing Lists.
- Receiving in and checking product from Vendors and Customers.
- Contacting and arranging carriers.
- Contacting and arranging carriers through Customers.
- Navigating UPS/FEDEX to arrange shipments.
- Tracing and Tracking Shipments.
- Inventory Control (Raw Materials, Finished Goods and recyclable materials).
- Cycle Counting/End of Period/Year Counts and reconciliation.
- Shipment Claims.
- Lifting up to 50 Lbs.
- Preparation of outgoing shipments.
- Verification of outgoing shipments prepared by subordinates.
- Direct Supervision of staff of 6-10.
- Train and maintain training records regarding Forklift Operation.
Algus Packaging Company Benefits:
Upon attaining eligibility ( )*, full time employees enjoy a wide range of benefits which include:
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with a discretionary match (1st of the month following 1 year of employment)*.
- 529 College Savings Program (immediate)*.
- Section 125 Flexible Benefit Plan with pre-tax insurance premium, medical expense, dependent care expense, and commuter expense accounts (1st of month following 60 days of employment)*.
- Medical insurance generously subsidized with 3 PPO / traditional indemnity options plus a High Deductible Healthcare plan with a Health Savings Account option (1st of the month following 60 days of employment)*.
- Dental insurance (1st of month following 60 days of employment)*.
- Wellness program (next annual screening).
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance (1st of the month following 60 days employment)*.
- Paid vacation (following 1 year of employment) and holidays (following 90 days of employment)*.
- Paid maternity / paternity (1 week following 1 year of employment).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing confidential counseling (1st of the month following 60 days employment)*.
- Education assistance program (1 year of employment)*.
- Direct deposit (immediate)*.
- Credit union membership (immediate)*.
- Optional short term disability coverage (1st of the month following 60 days employment)*.
- Optional additional life insurance for up to $500,000 in coverage, $50,000 with no medical underwriting (1st of the month following 60 days employment)*.
- Optional Long Term Disability coverage (60 days following 1st of the month)*.
- A great group of people to work with.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- shipping: 3 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 1 year (Required)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 3 years (Required)
- receiving: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- 10 hour shift