Inova Schar Cancer Institute is an international center for advanced cancer care and research, serving Northern Virginia, the Washington, DC metro area, and the world beyond. Collaborating with clinical and scientific partners, we conduct genomic and translational research to better understand, predict, prevent, and eliminate cancer.
Our personalized health approach enables us to create individualized treatments and preventive analytics to predict illness for every unique individual and family we provide care.
The Clinical Nursing Educator integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence-based principles, and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff. Implements Inova programs for staff to achieve patient care and outcome standards, such as core measures, Magnet standards, and patient satisfaction. Utilizes system strategies and tools to assess competence of new nursing staff members, focusing on quality of care and patient safety goals. Shares responsibility for the quality and safety of patient care. Contributes to quality and safety initiatives across the organization. Seeks opportunities for departmental improvement. Consistently applies Lean thinking to departmental operations to enhance services. Demonstrates and orientation toward achievement and professional growth of self and others. Prepares annual self-development plan, sets professional goals, and seeks opportunities for achieving them.
- This position is for the Ambulatory Oncology services at the Schar Cancer Institute.*IND1
- Three years progressive experience in Nursing/Clinical Specialty and in Nursing/Clinical Education.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, HealthCare, Education and/or other relevant field.
- BLS, Specialty Certification in area related to unit's clinical scope within one year of hire.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.
Work Site Location
INOVA CLINIC AND SCHAR CANCER