Cybersecurity Systems Engineer
Watermark Risk Management International, LLC is a security and risk management company with professionals who help government, public, and private clients understand and address the risks they face in every aspect of their business. We are a full-service risk management consultancy—from assessments to program and policy development, implementation planning, development of procedures, training and exercises, to quality assurance and program auditing, we can help. Our staff are experts in security operations and management; business continuity, resiliency and recovery; and business development and growth strategy. We’re proud of our people, and our reputation for quality, customer service, and value! We also recommend you ask around the industry. We are confident you will find that while we are a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), we are well and widely known with a reputation for performance few can match.
Cybersecurity Systems Engineer – Los Angeles, CA
Seeking a trained, CISSP certified, DoDD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M compliant Cybersecurity Systems Engineer with experience in the implementation of regulations noted for the Information Systems Security positions.
- Ensure information ownership responsibilities are established for each program acquisition effort to include accountability, access approvals and special handling requirements.
- Ensure the development maintenance of IA certification documentation according to reference b above by reviewing and endorsing such documentation and recommending action to the Program Security Officer and Wing Program Managers.
- Maintain a repository for all IA certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation and modifications.
- Ensure compliance monitoring occurs against FISMA and RMF IA controls at a minimum, and others as appropriate, and review the results of such monitoring.
- Ensure IA inspections, tests and reviews are coordinated.
- Must be proficient in the processes required to validate and test system security requirements as detailed in documents listed at a – i, below.
- Must be proficient in conducting information system risk analysis, document risks and make recommendations of risk to the Certifying Authority and the DAA based on the analysis.
- Must be experienced in the review of test data and analysis of system vulnerabilities.
- Assist with the successful creation, staffing, and execution of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with operating organizations to satisfy IA requirements.
- Must be an expert in the identification, derivation, application, and management of requirements for collateral and multi-level security systems.
- Must also be experts in the maturation of Information Assurance (IA) architectures that successfully integrate multiple IA domains to include access control, OSPEC, telecommunications, network and Internet security, cryptography, application security, physical security and continuity, and disaster recovery.
- Current TS/SSBI with DCID 6/4 eligibility
- Must have six (6) years' experience in managing all phases of systems C&A activities ranging from early concept development to system retirement.
- Must have advanced practical experience in managing all phases of systems C&A activities ranging from early concept development to system retirement.
- Must be an expert in the process and documentation requirements of numerous C&A methodologies to include RMF and JSIG.
- Must also be experienced in the doctrine, technologies, C&A, and documentation and connection requirements for controlled interfaces/Cross Domain Solutions.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in the implementation of the regulations identified below.
- DoDD 8500.01E, Information Assurance
- DoDI 8500.2, Information Assurance Implementation
- DoDD 8581.1, Information Assurance Policy for Space Systems Used by the DoD
- DoDI 8510.1, DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (RMF)
- DoDD 8570.1, Information Assurance Training, Certification and Workforce Management
- DoD8570.-1M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) of 2002
- ICD 503 – Information Technology Systems Security – Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation
- JSIG – DoD Joint Security Implementation Guide
Position is full-time with full company benefits including employer 100% provided health coverage, as well as dental and vision coverage. 401K retirement with company contributing, life and disability insurance, paid holidays and vacation days.
Watermark is an EEO employer and strongly supports the hiring of military veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Assurance: 6 years
- C&A systems activities: 6 years
- * Current TS/SSBI with DCID 6/4 eligibility