- Mark and layout guides for installation of pavement markings.
- Install various types of pavement markings using different types of pavement marking equipment.
- Set up traffic control in order to perform the work.
- Perform cleaning and maintenance on pavement marking equipment.
- Drive trucks loaded with pavement marking materials and equipment to jobsites.
Duties and responsibilities
- Layout and install pavement markings of various types.
- Perform maintenance on pavement marking equipment.
- Properly store and handle pavement marking materials.
- Keep equipment and work areas clean and in good appearance.
- Be able to react to change positively and productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Operate and maintain pavement marking equipment.
- Should be proficient in layout and traffic control set up.
- Teach other crew members how to operate and maintain equipment.
- Will fill in for the foreman if necessary.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Texas drivers’ license. A Class A or B CDL is necessary..
- Previous experience in highway construction or pavement markings is an asset.
- Abilities – Ability to learn multiple tasks involved with this type of work. Types of work include layout of various types of markings such as stop bars, crosswalks various arrows and words. Installing these markings in paint, thermoplastic and paint. You will also be installing traffic buttons and reflectors.
- Must be able to be on your feet for hours at a time.
Working environment includes being in close proximity to traffic, construction equipment and other work operations nearby. Working outdoors in extreme weather conditions and for long hours at a time is usual for this job. The job entails day and night work as well as weekends. You will also work and stay out of town overnight.
You must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time. You must be able to lift 50 lbs to shoulder height repetitively. You must be able to recognize hazards and communicate those to your fellow crew members.
Less experienced crew members may report to this position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver: 1 year
- Truck Driver: 1 year
Required work authorization: