Sr. Director - Health Insurance
New York, NY, Chicago, IL or Los Angeles, CA
Global Insurance Practice Leader
We are currently seeking a Managing Director – Health Insurance Practice Leader. In this role you will have P&L responsibility for the Health Insurance Practice with a focus on North America. You will be responsible for leading our overall health insurance industry business development, client and product strategy, as well as, developing specific market plans that will create a robust pipeline for long-term growth in the Health Insurance Practice.
Drive the success of Health Insurance companies looking to be more consumer focused.
- Define and implement overall Insurance practice product strategy, product development and go-to-market plans.
- Develop and manage a high- performance team in support of strategic and growth objectives.
- Define and develop business plans, financial projections, and product positioning across multiple solutions in the Insurance marketplace.
- Develop and present insightful analysis to C-level insurance executives which helps them improve business including claims customer experience, new client acquisition, client retention, and transition to digital.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving practice area financial goals and managing the Health Insurance Practice P/L.
- Lead relationships with strategic clients and C-level executives to deliver unique insights and advice.
- Extensive Travel is Required – Typically 25-50%.
- Listen to clients and market participants to identify and cultivate new ideas to fuel the growth of the Health Insurance Practice.
The Career Opportunity:
- 12+ years experience in business development, product management, and strategy in the Health Insurance Industry and/or Management Consultant advising Health Insurance Industry executives.
- Advanced degree, MBA or equivalent experience required.
- Experience in use of data, research, and analytics to deliver insights to Health Insurance companies.
- In-depth knowledge of the Health Insurance industry and competitive landscape.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate client needs in a way that builds product capabilities and opportunities to gain competitive advantage.
- Strategic thinker and industry thought leader with deep insurance industry expertise.
- Experience managing a P/L and leading both direct and cross-functional teams.
- Management consulting and business development experience.
- Strong C-level health insurance industry relationships.
This is a senior role in J.D. Power with visibility at the executive level and with the executive level of our client organizations. J.D. Power practice leaders are frequently cited in the news media and trade publications. They are frequent speakers at important industry events. You will be an important influencer in your industry backed by one of the world's leading brands.
The Team / The Business:
J.D. Power is an entrepreneurial, insightful and results oriented high performing business culture. We build strong trust based relationships with all stakeholders. We leverage the voice of consumers to deliver unique insights, solutions, and advice.
Our Hiring Manager says:
"I am looking for a Health Insurance Practice leader who can navigate the executive suite and represent the J.D. Power brand as a partner with insight into how to improve their business leveraging voice of the customer, best practices, customer experience design and technology tools. Looking for a self-starter, creative with a positive attitude, that can add depth to our team and value to our customer base. We have a great team; our cohesiveness is one of our strengths. We cannot stress enough the importance of teamwork, support and camaraderie within the team."
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company's industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world's most well-known and trusted brands.
J.D. Power has been capturing and analyzing the Voice of the Customer across more than a dozen industries globally for 50 years. We know measuring customer experience is not easy, but that's where we come in. Through our proprietary index model ( http://www.jdpower.com/about-us/about-our-industry-benchmarks#customerexperienceindexmodel ), we identify the many drivers of customer experience, accurately measure and link their impact to business results, and uncover insights to drive results for our clients.
Our Data, Analytics, and Resources
Across 18 offices globally, our team of more than 800 professional analysts, statisticians, economists, consultants, and experts in demographics and consumer behavior focus on delivering insights clients can act on immediately. We serve an increasing number of countries and regions around the world, including Brazil, India, Japan, Taiwan, China, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, South Korea, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Germany, and the UK.
We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that will improve customer loyalty and advocacy and our success is driven by how much we help improve your customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we are putting that power in your hands through our interactive VoX reporting platform ( http://www.jdpower.com/advisory-services/customer-experience-management ). The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans you need are available whenever and wherever you need them, to help you make data-driven decisions that will improve your customer experience and drive positive financial results.