Myers & Co., Inc., a specialty instrument valve and fittings distributor located north of Pittsburgh, has been an industry leader in the Tri-State region for 25 years. We pride ourselves on our exceptional and value-added client service to a diversified customer base in industries such as chemical, steel, and natural gas.
Our continued growth can be attributed to our team of client-focused professionals, and we are currently seeking a candidate to join our outside sales efforts. The primary purpose of this position is to develop a market, and promote and sell company products and services in the Southern Pennsylvania/West Virginia territory. The position performs needs assessments and displays independent judgment when interacting with customer accounts.
· Promote Myers & Co, Inc. products and services to existing customers and generate sales.
· Place calls in to existing customers to maintain current business relationships and product support, as well as increase sales through penetration with other products.
· Analyze the market and identify opportunities to build and develop new customers by utilizing their own marketing efforts, and those provided by the Company.
· Learn all technical aspects of products, both current and future, in order to train customers in the use of Company products and services.
· Submit daily activities in the CRM system, including daily calls and activities, purchase history, and customer contact information.
· Research and review information on competitors to identify opportunities to develop a competitive advantage.
· Schedule and make joint sales calls with factory sales people in the assigned region.
· Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study, or equivalent experience
Experience, Skill, & Other Requirements:
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in sales, requiring thorough product knowledge.
· Incumbent must be able to pass a DOT physical, and possess a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with automobile insurance.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook, and prior experience with a CRM system strongly preferred.
Job Type: Commission
- Outside Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction