Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) has a new opportunity for a Customer Service Representative. This position includes, but is not limited to, answering inquiries, taking orders, responding to inquiries, and routing customer questions and concerns appropriately. This position is located in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) holds the number one global position in aerospace fastening systems, and we’re the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; we employ over 6,000 people in 11 countries at 32 locations. AFS is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries—such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It’s not just a job. It’s a career and a path to the future. You’ll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career.
- Develop & maintain strong relationship with customers
- Handle daily customer communications and complaints in a professional and timely manner to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate and process large RFQ Spreadsheets for multiple AFS sites in coordination with Product Management
- Accurately process customer transactions such as quotes, purchase orders, change orders, returns, paperwork issues, etc.
- Maintain and organize customer files
- Handle and document initial rejected parts or paperwork from the customer, coordinate with the Quality Department and issue an RMA when necessary.
- Perform Contract Review on all purchase orders, in accordance with AFS policies and procedures.
- Interface daily with Outside Sales teams and various AFS manufacturing locations and departments.
- Handle order follow-up and expedites; work closely with Mfg./Planning to obtain delivery schedules
- Acts as liaison between customers and internal departments; Interface daily with outside Sales teams and various AFS Mfg. sites & departments, i.e., Product Mgmt., Shipping, Planning., Engineering, Quality, Credit, etc.
- Solid analytical and reasoning abilities as well as strong numerical and organizational skills.
- Team player - Work effectively in a team environment
- Operate in a fast-paced work environment and able to handle pressure and challenges from internal and external customers
- On occasion, travel/visit assigned customers with coordination of Account Manager and Supervisor.
- Support goals and objectives of the Sales and Marketing Department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail.
- Have strong follow up and time management skills.
- Possess an understanding of contract language and Quality Requirements on purchase orders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Advanced Excel skills are critical.
- Extensive experience with MRP and ERP systems (such as QAD, MANMAN, ACPT).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Primary Location: United States-CA-Torrance
Work Locations: US TRC Torrance,California
3016 W Lomita Blvd
Job: Marketing and Sales
Organization: 36070-98007 Inside Sales-Customer Service
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced
Hourly Paid or Salaried: Salaried
Job Level: Non-Management
Job Posting: Aug 6, 2018, 1:25:45 PM
Minimum Years of Experience: 0 / entry Level