Licensed Nurse (RN/LPN) Shifts Available
Full Time 12 Hours Shifts
Day Shift: (7 a.m. - 7 p.m.)
Night Shift (7 p.m. - 7 a.m.)
Build your career at NHC
NHC Place, Cool Springs is committed to being a part of National HealthCare Corporation's (NHC)mission to being the senior care leader in customer satisfaction. Our goal is to recruit only the highest quality partners (employees) whose commitment to quality care and customer service meet the standards for our fine community.
Benefits for Full-Time partners include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
Benefits for all partners working Full Time or Part Time:
- 401 (k) with company match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Shift Differentials
- Competitive Pay
- Free Uniforms
This position cares for patients recently discharged from the hospital and are in need of nursing and therapy services. Patients on our Rehab unit are considered short stay patients and receive nursing and therapy services. These patients typically have complex medical conditions and stay with us until they are stabilized and able to go home.
Education and Training:
- Graduate from a nursing program accredited by the State.
- Maintains a current unencumbered licensed to practice in the state where employed. (Registered Nurse, RN or Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN)
Job Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Is responsible for maintaining clinical competency as evidenced by application of integrated nursing knowledge and skills, leadership and communication skills.
- Utilizes the nursing process in assessment, planning and implementing care.
- Exhibits organizational ability related to work flow, prioritizing to meet the patient care needs
- Integrates current standards of practice as well as local, state, and federal regulations related to nursing services in the care of patients.
- Practices continuous quality improvement thinking and problem solving skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Required:
- Working with the interdisciplinary care team, to assure accurate patient assessment and development/revisions of individualized plans of care.
- Maintains open and ongoing communication with patients and families, providing opportunity and encouragement to participate in decision making.
- Assure that nursing partners have been assigned duties
- Make rounds, with specific attention to high acuity patients
- Monitor unit/units to ensure that appropriate nursing care (according to established policies and procedures) is being provided and that doctors and families are being notified of changes in patients’ condition
- Assume responsibility for assisting with meds and treatments as needed.
- Assist with admitting patients and processing of physician orders as required.
- Assist with hiring and supervision and participates in the orientation of new nursing partners
- Assures the personal dignity and physical safety of each patient. Assist patients to attain the highest level of self-care possible.
- Perform other duties as assigned
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL DUTIES CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO DESCRIBE THE PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB AS IDENTIFIED, AND SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED AS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF ALL THE WORK REQUIREMENTS THAT MAY BE INHERENT IN THE POSITION.
Please visit our website at: www.nhcplace.com to learn more about NHC Cool Springs. You can also go to the following link to apply directly via our online application process: https://nhcplace.vikus.net/jobs?page=2
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts