Applicants are highly encouraged and will only be considered if they apply through our website. To apply go to our website at http://aohdc.org/jobs/ select the Registrar position and complete the application.******
The Registrar is responsible for planning, organizing and managing all of the activities associated with admissions, registration and records maintenance processes for enrollment, assessment and attendance. Maintains comprehensive student records that are accurate and reliable. Works under the direct supervision of the Associate Campus Principal to ensure the alignment of scheduling, progress reporting and student record keeping with the school-wide instructional program and with students’ individual academic needs. The registrar will also serve as the School’s official designee for verifying student residency. Must be able to work at least one evening per week to support the campus evening program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides a level of customer service for students, staff, and other stakeholders;
- Manages the enrollment process, including registration and residency verification;
- Inputs student schedules into the student information system in order to create individual student schedules and teacher rosters.
- Maintains student records and updates records (digital and hard copy) on an ongoing basis;
- Manages student transcripts;
- Manages student benefit verification and other external records related to student program needs;
- Reconcile late arrivals, excused absences, and discipline to attendance data;
- Maintain school attendance records, i.e. daily attendance, student contact log;
- Verify that teachers are inputting class attendance on a daily basis;
- Communicates student attendance matters in coordination with the student support case manager via phone, electronic and postal mail;
- Routinely runs attendance, assessment and discipline reports to review for data quality;
- Work with data team, student support department, and administrative leadership to verify any student data discrepancies found in quality reviews.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively with diverse communities in high pressure situations.
- Experience handling enrollment functions and records management.
- Ability to maintain high level of trust and confidentiality of student data in order to be compliant with FERPA and other Civil Rights Laws.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of technology in the area of student records and registration services.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of peers and departments and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Job Type: Full-time