Our practice was started in 1945 in Kendallville, Indiana by Dr. Robert Roush. Since that time, we have expanded our practice to include five doctors and three different locations in Northeast Indiana - Kendallville, Albion and Ligonier.
We are growing and are looking for three Concierge/Front Desk Assistants to assist the team and Optometrists with general appointments and to keep the office running smoothly and efficiently. This includes handling calls, scheduling exams, checking patients in and out, verifying insurance, updating contact information at each visit and assisting with referrals.
- Greet patients on a regular basis and provide excellent patient care; check patients in and out.
- Handle calls to the practice, including patient calls and route appropriately.
- Triage medical phone calls.
- Greet business associates and others who visit the office.
- Schedule patient appointments; actively work to reschedule as openings are established.
- Update and maintain list of employers, their representatives and vision insurance benefits in practice management system.
- Contact patients to confirm appointments.
- Coordinate office flow – track patient from check-in to check-out.
- Assist with referrals.
- Prepare patient EHR and ensure confidentiality of all records.
- Update contact information at each visit.
- Track and report daily scheduling metrics.
- Maintain patient records in billing/scheduling system.
- Perform simple bookkeeping such as collecting all patient balances and co-pays and post accurately.
- Figure and post fees and payments with assignment to correct provider.
- Verify insurance information.
- Answer patients’ questions about insurance.
- Assist insurance clerk with claim processing and verification as requested or in their absence.
- Provide patient education as necessary.
- Assure waiting and office area is clean, neat and organized.
- Process contact lens pricing for Lab technicians to order.
- Maintain office procedures.
- Administrative duties for this position include faxing, copying, making phone calls, preparing patients' medical records, scanning, and entering extensive data in the office's computer system.
- As needed, assist patients with the selection and dispensing of frames and lenses, and assist patients with contact lens education.
- This job description is meant to be a guideline for coordinating daily activities; other duties will be performed as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment. We will provide you all necessary training.
- Demonstrate strong and effective organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to prioritize efficiently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Extremely efficient, organized and resourceful.
- Must be flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment with great interpersonal skills to deal with many personalities.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with patients and other staff members.
- Have knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated records.
- This position is performed in an office environment and requires periods of sitting, standing and walking that may last one hour or longer.
- Physical requirements may include the need to occasionally lift up to twenty-five pounds.
- Job pressures are high for meeting deadlines, working on multiple tasks at one time, and frequent interruptions.
- Occupational requirements for this position include the ability to see, hear, and speak clearly and distinctly.
- The mental ability required is high for reasoning, reading, remembering, writing, and speaking.
- This position requires the ability to work extended hours to meet the occasional needs of the practice or in an emergency situation.
- This position requires the ability to work one late (6:30pm) night per week and one Saturday a month 8:00am - Noon. Hours vary between 32 and 40 hours/wk.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members and customers.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Willingness to support the team in a helpful and positive manner.
- Uphold the mission, vision and values of Drs. Roush and Will Optometry.
Desired Work Experiences
- 2+ year Front End or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Customer Service Focus.
- Team Building.
- 6 paid holidays.
- PTO based on length of employment.
- 40 hours sick time per year.
- YMCA benefit for staff member.
- Uniforms are provided at no cost to employee.
- Annual Allowance for shoes.
- Vision benefits including no cost exams and materials for employees. No cost exams for spouse and children still residing at home. At cost material for spouse and children still residing at home.
- The practice does not offer medical insurance.
At Drs. Roush and Will Optometry, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Drs. Roush and Will Optometry hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.50 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
To keep our staff and patients safe we check employees' temp daily, provide masks & gloves. We ask patients to wear a face mask during their exam.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)