Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: Excellence in maintaining a clean safe, orderly and attractive environment, throughout all Hospital departments, patient areas, and all support areas, including hospital controlled areas. Also performs discharge cleaning as needed.
Principal Duties/Physical Demands:
- Responsibilities of a housekeeper requires physical demands; ability to stand for long periods of time, bending and stooping and lifting.
- Performs the 8 steps cleaning procedures, daily cleaning, discharge cleaning, bed making, wall spotting, toilet cleaning, high and low dusting, O.R. terminal cleaning.
- Works in a professional and safe manner. Always uses cautions signs and cones.
- Completes work from previous shift if needed, reports all incomplete assignment and maintenance issues.
- Cleans up all organic body waste, i.e. blood and body fluids, feces, sputum etc. as instructed by the supervisor or team leader.
- Hangs cubical curtains, shower curtains and window curtains.
- Up on discharge cleaning, disinfect and/or sanitize I.V. poles, pumps and other patient equipment.
- Must be vigilant when cleaning occupied rooms not to disconnect any life supporting machines which could result in patient harm.
- Ability to learn and to demonstrate new procedures related to the health care industry.
- Performs all Environmental Services related tasks and demonstrates ability to follow department guidelines related to the work.
- Performs basic and heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Performs all environmental services tasks demonstrating services orientation to fellow employees, staff and patients.
- Cleans patient equipment as requested by supervisor including beds and all room furnishings.
- Assists in manpower support for office and/or related moves, special conference room set-ups and any other occasions as required.
- Competent in using the proper chemicals for the proper tasks.
- Ability to perform cleaning of emergency spills when observed and/or up on request.
- In case of community disaster, assist nursing in making up extra beds and other duties as assigned.
Part-Time Weekend Evenings, 16 hrs, Every Holiday
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the street from the Arnold Arboretum. Founded in 1900, Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital has a long history of meeting the health care needs of our patients by offering comprehensive care in a wide variety of specialties. At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, our world revolves around our patients and their families, which is why we’ve been nationally recognized for our best practices in patient care, safety measures and surgical outcomes. If you’re looking for more than a career, join Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital. Our patients call it better care. Our employees call it home.
High school education or equivalent. Must have ability to understand and converse in English at a level which allows safe, efficient performance of the job. Be able to lift 25-50 pounds.
EEO Statement Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an employee’s protected status, such as age, race, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation.
: MA-Boston-Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital
Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital
1153 Centre Street
: Brigham & Women's Faulkner Hospital(BWFH)
Standard Hours :
: Evening Job
Posted Shift Description :
Weekend evenings, every holiday
Recruiting Department :
BWFH Environmental Services
: Aug 14, 2018