The Bloomingdale’s Store Management Internship program will teach you the inner workings of a multi-million dollar luxury department store. In this paid New York City-based program, you will shadow key members of our 59th Street Store Leadership Team and be exposed to the day-to-day events of our dynamic, fast-paced industry.
Participants will gain an understanding of sales management, customer service, store operations, associate development, human resources and visual merchandising. This internship provides you with a unique opportunity to apply classroom training to address opportunities and challenges faced in our Bloomingdale’s stores. Additionally, you will learn what it takes to coach and develop a team of powerful sellers, assist in the daily operation of our stores, and analyze sales trends in an OMNI channel environment.
t is the first step to a rewarding career in store management and beyond, potentially leading to an offer to join our full time Store Management Executive Development Program.
- Experience in a fast paced and dynamic selling floor environment.
- Enhancement of leadership skills to coach and inspire a world class team.
- Augmented learning and professional development through curriculum facilitated by subject matter experts.
- Strategic business project to effect change within our stores organization.
- Collaboration on business initiatives with senior leadership and peer mentors, providing you with additional guidance and coaching.
- College Juniors
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA, all majors considered.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills.
- Leadership experience and ability to drive results through others.
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task to achieve productivity and business goals.
- Retail experience not required but preferred.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.