LIVE, WORK, & PLAY IN THE GOLDEN ISLES!
We believe that the quality of your career and the quality of your life matter—and you should enjoy both in equal measure. This is why we've established a workplace that's as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we enjoy outside of work. Not only do Team Members at Southeast Georgia Health System enjoy providing excellent patient care, but we also enjoy warm weather, endless outdoor activities, and beautiful beaches year-round. This is your opportunity to make a world-class vacation destination your backyard. The Golden Isles, located midway between Savannah, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida, includes four beautiful barrier islands: St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island, Sea Island, Little St. Simons Island, and Brunswick (not a barrier island). Learn more here: https://www.goldenisles.com/
Southeast Georgia Health System is the region's health care provider and employer of choice offering outstanding opportunities, rewarding experiences, and a great quality of life. Join our team, learn what we stand for, and discover how much more you can enjoy your career.
Experience the advantages of excellence
In return for your compassion, clinical expertise, and spirit of commitment, we offer an excellent compensation package, comprehensive benefits, 24-7 access to an on-site gym, & relocation assistance.
We are currently seeking the following professional to join our team!
RN/Unit Supervisor for Senior Care Center
Southeast Georgia Health System
Brunswick, GA | Full-time
**Up to $3,000 Relocation Assistance**
**Day or Night Shift Available**
Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for an RN/Unit Supervisor for our Senior Care Center at the Brunswick campus!
This candidate is responsible for the independent supervision of the delivery of care to a group of residents in a nursing unit. Key responsibilities include:
- Adheres to state rules and regulations concerning deliver of outcome focused care and assures that effective quality nursing care is delivered through utilization of the nursing process. Effectively interviews the resident/responsible party to obtain information required for developing and implementing a plan of care. Demonstrates ability to perform physical assessments through observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation.
- Ensures nursing staff is following established plans of care for each resident; documentation is completed per protocol, and medication pass is done according to procedures.
- Implements teaching with resident/responsible party consistent with interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Assumes responsibility for care interventions consistent with skill level and professional standards of care. Uses time efficiently. Utilizes professional and sound judgment in delivery of care that is cost efficient but does not jeopardize safe, effective care delivery. Follows the facility policies and procedures to ensure a safe, caring, comfortable and clean environment. Utilizes all appropriate, available resources for resident/family/responsible party counseling and discharge planning in collaboration with Social Services. Ensures that physician and/or other health care professionals are informed of resident’s condition and notifies physician and/or other health care professionals immediately of significant changes of condition.
- Collaborates with DON in evaluating team and makes changes as needs are recognized. Critiques and takes responsibility for evaluating nursing care delivered. Utilizes the expertise of nurse colleagues to evaluate plan of care. Elicits feedback from individual being served and/or family or responsible party to determine that their needs are being met. Evaluates effectiveness of the plan of care in conjunction with the interdisciplinary care plan team.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all medical records and reporting forms. Promptly responds to call lights and other resident needs.
- Supervises licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants and other personnel. May supervise other RNs. Independently evaluates the job skills and work performance staff through the formal performance evaluation process. Appropriately coaches, counsels, or participates in the corrective action of CNA’s, and other nurses. Recognizes staff for exceptional care and job performance on a regular basis and as part of their formal performance evaluation. Assigns CNAs and nurses specific duties for resident care and directs their work, and assigns/revises hours, breaks and meal periods. Ensures proper staffing by calling in replacement team members for staff not reporting for work and by transferring or reassigning staff to ensure adequate staffing levels and collaborating with nurse management team and staffing coordinator. Trains and/or assists in the orientation of new team members. Attempts to effectively resolve staff problems or complaints and grievances. Incorporates all staff in a work team to meet resident needs. Attends and participates in supervisory meetings. Supports and follows through with management team goals. Performs other management duties as assigned.
The ideal RN/Unit Supervisor, Senior Care Center, should possess the following minimal qualifications:
- Registered Nurse
- Recent clinical experience with the geriatric population. Some management experience preferred.
- Current Georgia RN license.
- Excellent computer skills; MS Office, data entry, graphic development and presentations with ability to manage programs and projects. Knowledge of statistical analysis & display, data management, basic coding. Demonstrated ability of excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
For More Information:
Please click on the apply button to email your resume and for additional information about opportunities at SGHS.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time