Hudec Dental began in 1977 as a single office, with a single dentist and a single patient. Since then, the practice has grown to 20 dental offices, specialty services, a patient support center and an in house lab. In the past year, Hudec Dental accommodated more than 130,000 patient visits and more than 20,000 news patients. Our business is focused on bringing the most modern dental care into established neighborhoods without losing the personal touch. We have a large, diverse team of dental professionals to help all patients feel at ease and build relationships with them directly. We believe in creating an atmosphere in which our employees can grow and create a rewarding career within the field of dentistry. Hudec Dental offers a competitive salary, PTO, 401k, medical and vision benefits, free dental, tuition reimbursement, provided scrub tops, flexible schedules, internal advancement opportunities, and a dedicated support staff to make day to day operations as seamless as possible. We truly believe that happy employees give the best level of service to our patients and strive for a work life balance for our employees. Hudec Dental started as a family business and remains a family business. We hope you may consider joining the Hudec Dental family and look forward to reviewing your qualifications soon!
The primary function of Area Manager is to facilitate all relationships and business activity between the varying aspects of the organization. Essential to this role is the ability to develop close working partnerships with the Office Managers, Associate Dentists and Management in an effort to improve business efficiency and contribute to the success and profitability of Hudec Dental.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of responsibilities associated with the Area Manager but is not exhaustive nor a complete, comprehensive list of the duties required and expected of the Area Manager; additional duties may be assigned as needed.
- Maintains compliance of company policies, procedures, objectives, mission and values of Hudec Dental within office environment and staff they oversee.
- Provides support and direction in achieving current and future business objectives.
- Oversees all assigned offices and directs the Office Manager to guarantee all projected goals are accomplished.
- Implements patient care standards, ensuring an enhanced patient experience for every individual served.
- Assess and respond to all daily office operations in accordance with the established Hudec Dental policies and procedures.
- Assists in creative marketing objectives for each assigned office to attract and retain quality new patients
- Recommends action plans and works with the Human Resources Department to correct any areas that may be deemed as underperforming, following up to rectify any issues.
- Leads all office personnel by providing clarity to the vision, prioritizing goals, setting high expectations, inspiring commitment and enabling development.
- Leads by building and incorporating consistent training and development support to ensure all staff is aligned with the operations model, vision and protocol of the organization in a unified manner.
- Trains Office Managers on current processes/policies and follow through on all projects for successful completion by holding their teams accountable and ensuring acceptance.
- Ensures that Office Managers are continually teaching, grooming, challenging, and developing future Office Managers.
- Assists in training events for Hudec Dental personnel.
- Evaluates performance and training needs in relation to company objectives for personnel.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing the financial performance and business objectives, continually amending and creating new strategies to promote positive growth and organizational evolution.
- Works with Human Resources to handle personnel situations, needs and evaluations.
- Assists offices with staff coverage concerns and will perform front office duties if required.
- Works with other leaders for the benefit of the business.
- Assists in the recruitment of staff.
- Interviews and selects candidates for open positions.
- Oversees, monitors overtime for assigned offices in relation to policies
- Approves/Denies PTO requests per set policies; approves and submits timesheets per payroll policies
- Attends required weekly and monthly staff, manager, director and other necessary meetings.
- Recognizes and rewards success and performance by working with Human Resources.
- Ensures proper lines of communication are being followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Combination of education and experience may be considered
- Preferred Education: Business Masters Degree in Business Management
- Experience: 5+ years of prior Management Experience in a multi-unit setting
- Must have strong skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast paced environment
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Regional or Area Manager: 1 year (Required)
- Dental Office Management: 1 year (Required)