CDI is looking for a CNC Maintenance Technician in the St. Augustine, FL area. The right person will have a multi-craft (electrical and mechanical) background in a manufacturing setting, and he/she will also have a high level of experience in a CNC / Fabrication shop.
- This is a fulltime-direct position with our client. Some relocation assistance available.
- Average 10 hours of overtime each week
- Day Shift position
- Must have five years’+ of CNC Maintenance experience (prefer mid to senior level experience)
- Basic knowledge of reading electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic schematics and blueprints
- Experience with editing/adjusting reading programs and making changes to the panel views
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment
- Listens for and observes unusual sounds or operations from equipment to detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variation with supervisors, operator, or other maintenance workers to -diagnose problem or repair machine
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment
- Installs, programs, or repairs automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Work with limited supervision
- Program equipment using buttons, keys, and PLC downloads to program automated machinery, such as robots, operate automated machinery, test for malfunctions, and verify repairs
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Liaison between the engineering team and maintenance for project design, installations, and start-up.
- Help to maintain control of PLC programs and document any changes to program
- Work safely always by abiding with company safety policies including, but not limited to personal protective equipment
- Able to program or modify programs for Siemens and Allen Bradley Drives
- Will troubleshoot, make changes/modifications, and install upgrades to the current PLC programs.
- Able to understand the complex equipment process / theory of operation and can transfer that to machine PLC programs
CDI Corporation is an EEO An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $28.00 /hour
- CNC and Fabrication shop maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)
- Electro-Mechanical: 5 years (Required)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)