Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives diesel powered tractor trailer combination and straight trucks for the delivery of finished dairy products.
· Work under close supervision in a team setting in a fast paced production environment.
· Inspects trucks and trailers for defects before and after trips and submits reports daily indicating truck/trailer conditions.
· Maintains drivers log according to DOT regulations when required
· Is responsible for safe and timely performance of his/her duties
· Delivers trailers to customers on a continuous basis using drop and hook method
· Deliver finished dairy products directly to customer locations
· Works in a safety sensitive position and is required to follow all safety rules and procedures including but not limited to foot and ear protection and report all hazardous conditions.
· Maintains proper housekeeping of work area
· Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
· Must comply with all safety rules and regulations set by DOT and company policies
· Must comply with Good Manufacturing Processes under FDA standards. Follow controlled SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
· Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
· Required to work mandatory overtime when needed
· Must be familiar with the DC, VA and MD areas.
· Will be required to make deliveries
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal customers
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
· Must have a class A CDL and pass DOT physical
· Must have a clean driving record
· Must have two years or more Class CDL A (tractor trailer)
· Must be capable of backing tractor and trailers to loading docks numerous times during shift
· Must be 23 years of Age
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
· Must be capable of getting into and out of tractor or straight trucks numerous time over shift to secure load bars or straps
· Must be able to hook and unhook trailer from tractor by winding up and down landing gear multiple times during eight or ten hour shift. Must be capable of working in the elements (hot, cold, rain) while hooking unhooking trailers
· Must be able to stand on feet during the entire shift.
· Position requires constant bending, lifting, reaching and climbing ladders during eight or ten hour shift.
Interested applicants can apply online at www.cloverlanddairyhiring.com or apply below.
Job Type: Full-time