Genscape is seeking a motivated and adaptable individual to support the CEO. As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CEO. The Chief of Staff will handle day-to-day management of meetings, schedules, and presentations to allow the CEO to focus on growing the business.
Preparation for, and facilitation of key Leadership and Board Meetings.
- This role will support and drive the execution of these meetings. This includes: developing analysis, preparing materials, including excel analyses, powerpoint presentations or speaking notes. It may also include assisting meeting attendees in their preparation for their interactions with the CEO to ensure that they are effective sessions.
Coordination of strategic projects or CEO commitments
- This role is a critical position to organize, drive and support strategic projects for the CEO. This individual will have an eye and ability to successfully drive projects forward, identify the bottlenecks or issues, provide the CEO with information on the opposing views or challenges and propose resolutions that enable the project to proceed.
Independent leadership of special projects for the CEO
- The Chief of Staff will need to run and own several projects independently. This individual will need to use their sound business judgment and analytical skills to be an extension of the CEO and support key areas of the business.
Draft communications on behalf of the CEO
- The Chief of Staff may also be required to help draft key communications from the CEO. This will often include following up from meetings or decisions from the CEO, where the Chief of Staff will need to accurately capture the details and either draft the communications directly.
Proactive identification of potential future issues
Other areas as needed:
- The Chief of Staff will need to proactively identify key issues that may affect the CEO and Leadership team across Genscape/or DMGT. This will require the Chief of Staff to discreetly flag issues as they arise from the business. The Chief of Staff will gather and position these to the CEO clearly outlining the issues and challenges and propose potential options to resolve these.
- Associated administrative functions for CEO
- Assist with CEO's high-profile industry roles
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong execution-bias in order to make progress and push forward Genscape's strategy.
- Strong problem-solving ability in order to identify and solve issues when they arise, proposing options or a solution to the CEO
- Ability to adjust to multiple tasks and demands and constantly shifting priorities under tight deadlines and time constraints
- The ability to own and run projects by identifying and driving the critical path actions for each project
- Data analysis skills, in order to use data and facts to prepare and develop materials and to support recommendations that are grounded in facts
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment, able to make quick decisions and good judgment, often in the absence of senior leadership direction
- The ability to sensitively represent the CEO/Leadership function to senior stakeholders and to attend ad-hoc meetings in the delegated capacity of the CEO when requested
- The ability to identify in advance key issues or potential roadblocks in advance and to flag these to senior leadership
- Experience in working with senior leaders, executives with tact and diplomacy, often on sensitive, personnel-related topics
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience
Once you land this position, you'll enjoy:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5-8 years' executive level experience in strategy, analytics, business or related
- Impeccable managerial and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with senior management
- A fun, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and annual bonus potential
- An awesome office location, with plenty of perks!
- A company that offers a strong focus on work/life balance
- Plenty of paid time off
- 401k and a full benefits package that begins on your first day
- The ability to customize your own career path
Visit our LinkedIn Careers Page at linkedin.com/company/genscape-inc./careers