AGI is a full service architecture and design firm that creates and implements brand centric designs, delivering on our client’s business objectives. We provide architectural solutions in the areas of hospitality, retail and entertainment, designing where consumers want to go.
Architect / Graduate Architect
AGI has immediate openings for experienced Architects to join our team. Hospitality and retail design experience preferred. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to put their strong technical and organizational skills to use as part of a hard-working and collegial group. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, with a solid mix of design and detailing experience, and excellent communication skills in working with clients. Responsibilities include:
- Design, production of drawings, and construction administration duties
- Reviews completed drawings and code information
- Project design, design review
- Prepare graphics construction documents for permit and bid purposes
- Organize and maintain project record information and drawings
- Coordination with clients, project consultants and engineers
- Maintain strong relationships with clients (owners and users) through communication skills, reliability, punctuality, effort, and great ideas
- Coordinate with team consultants and coworkers
- Adhere to project schedules
- Thoroughly check and proofread your work as a first step in our quality control process
- Assist in coordinating and obtaining approvals from building officials and jurisdiction/authorities
- Perform construction administration activities, including site visits to review compliance of construction with documents, and timely review of shop drawings and other submittals
- Occasional, national travel is expected
Required Education and Experience
For Architect or graduate Architect
- Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture Degree from an accredited college is minimum requirement, or relative work experience with retail and hospitality clients will be considered.
- Minimum 3 + years of experience in Architectural office
- Architectural registration helpful, but not required.
- Proficiency in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated knowledge of permit and construction drawings
- Demonstrated experience in schematic design, design development, construction documents preparation and construction administration for commercial projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
Required, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead and manage a varied scale of projects.
- Knowledge of construction processes, building codes, and techniques a plus
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines and improve process and deliverables
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; maintain his/her own schedule. Be a team player but self-manage.
- Excellent verbal/written skills required
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- LEED or Sustainability experience a plus
- Possess analytical thinking skills; be a conceptual thinker with design sensitivity; and have knowledge of codes and regulatory requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
At Architectural Group International, we place emphasis on collaboration, we love what we do, and we are passionate about our clients and the work that we do for them. In addition to a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, we provide a comfortable workspace, a benefits package with a flexible personal time off plan, medical, dental, STD/LD and a company match 401K program.
We work in a fast paced environment and value team engagement, good ideas and creative problem-solving. If you like to be challenged, and develop your skills, this may be the place for you. Successful applicants will need to provide work samples and references.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time