Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Please apply on line at www.navyexchange.jobs to requisition number 180002IU
Performs major mechanical repairs involving overhauling, rebuilding, servicing, and installing a variety of laundry, dry cleaning and related equipment. Performs electrical functions in connection with installing, repairing equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Is responsible for overhauling and rebuilding laundry/dry cleaning equipment such as hot and cold water valves, solenoid pumps, mechanical cams; vacuum pumps, and steam valves; dismantles dryers and replaces bearings; checks and maintains hydraulic fluid system; cleans dryer ducts ensuring they are free of lint and debris; changes hoses on unipress to prevent deterioration of rubber. Rebuilds hydraulic cylinders replacing with new component such as diaphrams, gaskets and "O" rings. May also replace boot. Maintains fluid within shock absorbers, and changes spring following established procedures.
- Installs, tests, repairs and maintains electrical equipment such as diagnosing, replacing, balancing switches on washers, control functions, motor starters, timers and associated solenoid valves. Maintains motor control and fire circuits on dryers. Replaces transistors, diodes and capacitors after testing their serviceability. May rebuild flame protector relays and associated gas components. As necessary, repairs electrical light sockets on sewing machines; overhead lights; replaces ballast bulbs; changes capacitors and maintains motor and control circuits for compressors and air handling equipment.
- Installs and repairs new and exisiting utility, supply and disposal systems and equipment such as water, oil, water closets, gas distribution etc. Locates and taps main lines, setting up system routes, placing and cutting route openings; determining and installing valves, traps and unions needed for the proper operation of systems, and routing and placement of systems leading to the equipment and hooking up and testing the equipment to ensure no leaking before sealing for proper operation, flow and drainage.
- Performs preventive maintenance on all equipment/fixtures.
- Assures that safety rules are followed and that tools and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
- Works under the general supervision of a designated supervisor who assigns work orally. Is responsible for selecting tools and deciding on work methods to accomplish assignments. Plans working details and follows sketches, and wiring diagrams. Receives advice from superior on unusual problems. Completed work is reviewed for acceptability and compliance with instructions and from the standpoint of continual and efficient operation of equipment.
Work is often performed in strained or awkward positions requiring kneeling, crouching and stooping. May lift parts or assemblies weighing up to 50 pounds. WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is done inside with adequate heat, light and ventilation. Is exposed to injury from moving machinery and electrical shock.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
US Citizen or if not must have lived in the United States a minimum of 3 years.
One year of experience that provided the knowledge and ability to perform basic mechanical equipment repair, such as laundry or dry cleaning equipment or similar mechanical equipment.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
One year of high school education may be substituted for 3 months of general experience up to a High School Diploma or GED for one year of general experience.
Five years of experience that provided the knowledge and ability to perform major laundry/dry cleaning equipment repairs including overhauling, rebuilding, servicing, and installing a variety of laundry, dry cleaning and related equipment; performing electrical functions in connection with installation and repair of equipment; overhauling hot and cold water valves, solenoid pumps, mechanical cams; vacuum pumps, and steam valves, etc. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is often performed in strained or awkward positions requiring kneeling, crouching and stooping. May lift parts or assemblies weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.68 /hour