Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven with instant elasticity, secure data sharing and per-second pricing, across multiple clouds. Snowflake combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for senior engineers who like working with data and solving a wide variety of issues utilizing their technical experience having worked on a variety of operating systems, database technologies, big data, data integration, connectors, and networking.
As an Associate Customer Technical Support Engineer, your role is to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of Snowflake Data Warehouse. Customers will look to you for technical guidance and for advice in addressing their product usage and issue needs. You will be the voice of the customer into Snowflake’s product and engineering teams for product feedback and improvements. You will play an integral role in building knowledge within the team and be part of strategic initiatives for organizational and process improvements. Ideally, you have worked in a 24x7 environment, handled all tiers of support issues, been on-call during weekends, and familiar with Salesforce Service cloud.
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledgebase
- Submit well documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
Our ideal Customer Technical Support Engineer will have:
- 1-3 years experience in a Technical Support or similar function
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging advanced SQL queries
- Ability to understand basic query profiles and execution plans
- Knowledge of SQL data types and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Good understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have sufficient knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with big data and/or MPP (massively parallel processing) databases.
- Understanding of Data Warehousing fundamentals and concepts
- Database migration and ETL experience
- Experience supporting applications running on either Amazon AWS or MS Azure
- Experience with virtualization solutions (vmware, docker, virtualbox, etc)
- Understanding of cloud computing security concepts
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.
Snowflake has been voted as one of the Bay Area Best Places to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. We are a place where people work effectively with the same values and vision. We focus on doing what is right for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We create great products, individually and as a team.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.