CMC Energy Services is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner,
healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 40 years, we have worked hard to
not only save energy, but to save our customers money. We want YOU to join our family and help work
toward a more energy efficient future!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our
customers will be happy and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities and
advancement, training, employee recognition and innovation awards!
Here at CMC, you’ll find a competitive pay and comprehensive benefit package including: paid holidays,
PTO, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with employer match, supplemental benefits and much
more! So apply today!
The Accountant maintains responsibility for assisting with bi-weekly payroll processing and
administration, including compliance with benefits administration, purchasing and inventory
management. This position also assists with performing analysis, reconciliation, month-end closing
procedures and reporting on Bank, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger
1. Revenue Recognition
a. Record monthly revenue for all programs.
b. Process monthly billings and revenue processing for marketing division.
c. Reconcile and analyze revenue ensuring accurate cut-off for monthly reporting.
a. Assist with administration of employee set up, including new hires, changes, and
terminations, ensuring accuracy with employee elections and compliance with
administration requirements (e.g. 401K administration and other compliance items).
b. Assist with processing bi-weekly payroll.
c. Assist with reconciling payroll related general ledger accounts.
d. Reconcile monthly benefits by employee.
e. Create payroll system reports as required.
3. Purchasing/Vendor Management
a. Assist with vendor credit applications.
b. Perform price analysis and competitive bid to seek best pricing for products and
services; analyze price comparisons, track re-order points, follow up on purchase
order/receipt discrepancies, and make recommendations regarding optimal inventory
c. Oversee/manage the inventory physical count process and general ledger.
reconciliation/accounting for inventory usage and adjustments.
d. Work closely in cooperation with CMC's Operations department personnel for vendor
selection, unit price monitoring, and part and procurement changes.
e. Train employees on the purchasing processes.
4. Accounts Receivable
a. Reconcile accounts receivable invoices, cash receipts and other cash flow documents
b. Manage bi-weekly accounts receivable aging reporting and analysis.
c. Post general ledger transactions for revenue accrual entries.
5. Accounts Payable
a. Reconcile vendor invoices ensuring proper accounting classification of costs.
b. Oversee the preparation of sales and use tax filings and remittances, as needed.
6. Bank Reconciliations
a. Reconcile multiple bank accounts and post monthly bank fees.
b. Identify and research outstanding items.
7. General Ledger/ Financial Statements
a. Prepare and review revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other
accounting/accrual entries as required.
b. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as
general ledger accounts, and documentation of business transactions.
c. Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and
completeness. Perform accounting analysis to identify anomalies and ensure utmost
d. Maintain sub ledger accounts and needed data tracking to reconcile and explain the
general ledger for management decision making.
e. Resolve accounting discrepancies.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors in accounting or finance preferred.
2. CPA and/or MBA a plus.
3. 5+ years in accounting environment preferred.
4. Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, job costing, budgeting, and cost control principles
including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
5. Payroll experience required, including all duties encompassing time & attendance monitoring,
payroll deductions, payroll taxes withholding and remittance, employee document
maintenance, and outside vendor utilization for payroll processing - multi-state preferred
6. Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications (Microsoft Dynamics GP a plus).
7. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, sound business practices, and good record
8. Ability to analyze financial data, statements and projections. Proactive analysis and suggestions
for continuous process improvements and efficiencies is expected.
9. Knowledge, practical experience and competency in Microsoft applications including Word,
Excel and Outlook (PowerPoint a plus).
10. Advanced knowledge of Excel.
11. Ability to work under pressure and complete projects in a timely manner.
12. Strong analytical, organizational, administrative and communication skills. Strong ability to
communicate effectively with all levels within or external to the company.
13. Must be able to work under pressure, completing projects in a timely manner.
14. Ability to handle confidential information with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
15. Perform the essential functions and physical demands of the position with or without
Equal Employment Opportunity
CMC Energy Services, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without
regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference, or non-
disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability in each aspect of the Human Resources function.
To apply please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org